anan 7000dlemark2 I7 running powersdrmrx

ka1sdr

anan 7000dlemark2 I7 running powersdrmrx

Postby ka1sdr » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:58 pm

i am very new to anan i just bought a anan 7000dlemark2 I7 it runs powersdrmrx want to go to sdr console i have no idea how to do that this 7000dlemark2 has computer built in and i am afraid to screw it up any help would be nice thank you
NN3RP

Re: anan 7000dlemark2 I7 running powersdrmrx

Postby NN3RP » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Steven, good day to you and congrats in owning this new jewel. This post is a few days old and see no one reply to you.

I've also just gotten me the same rig yesterday, wow! I need to update the firmware though and perhaps use Thetis instead of PSDRMRX.

You don't need anything but the right SDRConsole software. You will need to search for the Anan under Definitions (I think as I am not sitting in front of my shack) once you launch the software. Pretty easy. Then need to go through the Options to do needed settings (mic, etc.).

This software is test mode and you need to become a member of the test team to be able to download. I can send a link to my OneDrive with the latest of today.

Rafael / NN3RP
Rafael / NN3RP
Nation's Capital USA
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Steven,

Congratulations on grabbing the 7000DLE! To run SDR Console you will need to switch from the Protocol 1 firmware that runs PowerSDR mRX PS and flash to the Protocol 2 firmware that supports Thetis and SDR Console. The best place to start would be in the firmware section of this forum where Scott - WU2O has put together everything you need to know to be able to move back and forth between both protocols. The link below will take you to the page. There's quite a bit of information there involving the utilities that are used to flash back and forth between the two protocols so read it all, take notes, install the required utilities and get comfortable with running them and then start asking questions if you have any. The first three topics (marked as sticky) is where you should focus in the beginning.

Once you understand how to flash from Protocol 1 to Protocol 2 and then back to Protocol 1 you'll see that it's quite easy and takes less than a minute to accomplish.

Rob W1AEX

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewforum.php?f=18
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:15 pm

This was a big gotcha for me, on what was day1 of ownership...... viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3081

Richie.

Return to “SDR Console”