SDR Console V3 on a 200D

Justin

SDR Console V3 on a 200D

Postby Justin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:22 pm

SDR Console V3 requires the new Protocol 2 firmware I bricked my radio, 200D loading the new firmware. Thanks to Rob (W1AEX) & Scott (WU2O) the help here is fantastic, I un-bricked it and carried on. Installing and running the newest Protocol 2 and the Preview of SDR Console V3 is not for the average appliance operator.

I thought the V3 would not work on my 200D. I didn’t know if there was a definition for it in the V3. What the heck I gave it a try since I had the Protocol 2 firmware loaded on to use Thetis. SDR Console worked. My son has a Flex 6700 so I have played with some other SDR equipment, all I can say about the V3 is WOW & WOW. Simon is doing some serious bleeding edge work here. I’m planning on a transfusion tomorrow.

It took some playing for this appliance operator to get the V3 to transmit but the first contact I got an unsolicited “GOOD” audio report. Had to be a little careful with the power/drive buttons, testing output showed 138W out to the dummy load, before I got it under control. Glad to see my radio has some serious transmit overhead.

As for the V3, try it, you'll like it.

Simon, thanks for the preview, I can hardly wait for V4.
Justin K5WAZ
Simon

Re: SDR Console V3 on a 200D

Postby Simon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. V4 will never happen - like Windows 10 version is the last - it'll live as long as I do :) .

Obviously a lot to do including a new website, my sites in fact migrated to the cloud today, I'm reserving a week or two for a new website rewrite with the online help.
sdr-radio.com
therealboss

Postby therealboss » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:51 pm

I too have a 200D, I installed the software and love the look of it, only used it for RX at the moment but plan to test it on TX at he week end.

Is this software still a work in progress or is it at the end of the line, reason I ask is that I don't want to spend hours fine tuning it to suit my station and find its end of life.

Cheers

EI7HDB
Simon

Postby Simon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:58 pm

therealboss wrote:I too have a 200D, I installed the software and love the look of it, only used it for RX at the moment but plan to test it on TX at he week end.

Is this software still a work in progress or is it at the end of the line, reason I ask is that I don't want to spend hours fine tuning it to suit my station and find its end of life.

Cheers

EI7HDB

Hi,

It's beginning of life, aim is for a full release at the end of 2017. Early days with the ANAN.
sdr-radio.com
therealboss

Postby therealboss » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:24 pm

OK, cool, I'll stick with it then as I like it so far.

Dale

Return to “SDR Console”