PiHPSDR and N1MM

Anthony_G7LRQ

PiHPSDR and N1MM

Postby Anthony_G7LRQ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:48 am

I have PiHPSDR V2 connected to a Anan100D (Angelia) and it almost works perfect( slight issue with the PA not turning off when using XVTR'ers, waiting for software update.)

I am a keen VHF contester, but recently started to contest on HF. and need to be able to interface the N1MM software with the PiHPSDR to be able to read the frequency for logging.

So is it possible to connect my laptop and PiHPSDR together? I remember reading somewhere that its possible, but cant seem to find where I read that now.

Can any provided details if this is possible and how to do it please.

Regards Anthony G7LRQ/G7L
w-u-2-o

Re: PiHPSDR and N1MM

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:45 am

Why not just run Thetis on the laptop alongside N1MM? If you desperately want knobs add a MIDI controller.
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:29 am

Hi Anthony,

I haven't tried, but the PiController supports CAT as described in the user guide, which you can download from the Apache web site.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
Anthony_G7LRQ

Postby Anthony_G7LRQ » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Erik

Thanks for the pointer I have now managed to get N1MM talking to the PiHPSDR using a serial connection.

Only issue is PiHPSDR doesn't remember the serial settings and I have to change them every time I start the software. :(

I have looked in the .props file and cant even find any reference to the serial settings in there. It has the RIGCTL settings but not the serial info.

Surprised no one else has mentioned this, perhaps its been missed.

Regards Anthony G7LRQ/G7L

Return to “piHPSDR”