New install on new Kubuntu

wv5k

New install on new Kubuntu

Postby wv5k » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:11 am

Evening All,

Not a Linux neophyte, but not much more than a shell programmer here either.

Checked out everything via git, as per the build instructions document. Cut and paste in terminal window for each step, all compiles/installs completed successfully. Problem is that when running the startup script (both from desktop, and later from terminal window), complains wdsp is a 32 bit elf version, and promptly crashes. Never does the wisdom file generation. Also, the first attempted run, it appeared wdsp wasn't in the path, even though correct path was included in path spec. I created a symbolic link one directory level above, and then it threw the 32 bit elf error. ldconfig never once complained in the whole process. So, what stupid mistake have I made? ;-) Anyone out there ever actually made a package out of pihpsdr, or maybe ghpsdr... <LOL>

Jim
WV5K
John-G0ORX

Re: New install on new Kubuntu

Postby John-G0ORX » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:00 am

The code was built for Raspian which is running in 32 bit mode. If you want to run on Kubuntu which is running the system in 64 bit mode you will have to recompile both pihpsdr and wdsp on that system.

-- John
wv5k

Re: New install on new Kubuntu

Postby wv5k » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:30 am

Hmmm, thought that's what I was doing with the git checkout and "make" for both wdsp and pihpsdr. Ok, I'll dig further.

Jim
WV5K

Return to “piHPSDR”