FATAL ERROR YIKES

WA3GIN-Dave

FATAL ERROR YIKES

Postby WA3GIN-Dave » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:42 am

Been running 3.4.9 for many months. Been running smoothly. This afternoon I requested an import of an image and afterward I started getting this error message upon start-up:
FATAL ERROR
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PowerSDR.Setup.SaveTXProfileData0
at
PowerSDR.Setup.comboTXProfileName_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at
System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at
System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32value)
at PowerSDR.Setup..ctor(Console c)
at PowerSDR.Console.InitConsole0
at PowerSDR.Console..ctor(String[] args)
at PowerSDR.Console.Main(String[] args)

I can no longer start OpenHPSDR... dead in the water with this Fatal Error and TOTALLY CLUELESS as to next steps.
WA3GIN-Dave

Re: FATAL ERROR YIKES

Postby WA3GIN-Dave » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:36 pm

deleted database.xml file; reloaded database from archive and all is back to normal. Odd. Problem solved. This process of deleting the corrupted file appears to fix so many issues the next release of software should include a button that runs a script to perform this procedure. The feature would certainly save users a lot of time trying to remember the steps. Might seem trivial for a 30 something that was raised coding software but its a friggen PITA for some 70 somethings!
W1AEX

Re: FATAL ERROR YIKES

Postby W1AEX » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:43 pm

That button already exists Dave. On the rare occasion when you need to reset the database first export the current database so it can be restored if possible, and then press the reset database button and a fresh database will be installed. To be honest, I don't think I have ever reset the database with either PSDR mRX PS or Thetis so I'm not sure it's a common thing. I do export backups at least once a month and might go back to a particular saved (exported) copy of my database when I don't like something I did, and doing that has saved me from having to experience the fun of hitting the reset database button and then re-doing all my settings manually. I'm glad you had some archived databases to fall back on.

73, Rob W1AEX

"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”