Anan 100D Updates

W2REO

Anan 100D Updates

Postby W2REO » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Mods, if this post is in the wrong place, please move it.

I have one of the original Anan 100D's, which serves me well and is a great radio. It's been a long time since there were any new releases of OpenHPSDR-PowerSDR mRX, or the Angelia firmware for it. Does anyone know if there will be any further updates, or is the radio considered end of life?

I would also would like to know if anyone has upgraded the radio to make it similar to the newer models. Finances don't allow me to buy any of the newer ones, but I LOVE upgrades!

Thanks for your answers!

Roger, W2REO
W1AEX

Re: Anan 100D Updates

Postby W1AEX » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi Roger,

Your 100D is capable of doing everything that the newest ANAN radios can do, so no worries about an end-of-life scenario. The development of the PowerSDR mRX PS software has given way to the development of Thetis, which is a more evolved software platform at this point in time. It runs at gigabit network speed so it requires the use of the protocol 2 firmware instead of the protocol 1 firmware used by PowerSDR mRX PS that is not set to run at gigabit speed.

I would suggest reading the first three "sticky" threads at this link to get up-to-speed with how to move to protocol 2:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewforum.php?f=18

When you are comfortable with the firmware move to protocol 2, then read the first post (by Richie) at this next link to see where to download version 2.6.9 of Thetis and then where to download the files to move to the latest v2.7.0 version of Thetis:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3345

That should get you started. There is lots of information in the forum from users as they travel down this road so take a look at their experiences and don't be afraid to ask more questions if you have them.

73, Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
W2REO

Re: Anan 100D Updates

Postby W2REO » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Thanks Rob, I have been away from the radio long enough to have missed an obviously very important issue. I thankfully have gigabit USB capability so, I will try and teach myself how to implement protocol 2.

This forum is great, thanks to all of you!

Roger, W2REO

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”