selecting the right rig with PowerSDR

marc

selecting the right rig with PowerSDR

Postby marc » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi
I dug again and again in the manual and in the Powersdr mRX setup menu, but couldn't find any option or popup menu to select the right transceiver when several HPSDR TX are connected on a network (same class, same ip range).

When starting every other softwares, like LinHPSDR, openHPSDR (under Android), kiss Konsole etc, I've the ability to choose the transceiver I need on a drop-down menu among a list of IP adresses. I'm pretty sure this option exists within PSDR but I really don't see it.

does someone knows how to do that ?
(I don't speak about the "use static ip adress" option of the hardware config window... I just want to know how much HPSDR are up and running on my network and connect the software client on a single mouse click)

73'
Marc f6itu
w-u-2-o

Re: selecting the right rig with PowerSDR

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Marc,

The reason you didn't find anything is because there is no such function available in PowerSDR. Unlike other client software, PowerSDR makes no attempt to discover and catalog all radio hardware units on the network. If you are using DHCP it will discover whichever one answers first and look no further. If you are using static IP addressing it will look for that specific hardware unit and look no further.

The work-around for this is to use static IP addressing on all hardware, then prepare separate database folder locations for each IP address, and use the -datapath:[path] command line switch where [path] is the Windows path to the correct database file.

Scott

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”