CAT Control Issues with HRD

KE3C

CAT Control Issues with HRD

Postby KE3C » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:49 pm

I am having issues getting CAT control to work with HRD. I am running the latest versions of PowerSDR and HRD. I have tried both PowerSRD and TS2000 to make the connection. HRD initially connects and get the frequency but then after a few seconds I get a message from HRD that the connection timed out.

As a test, I tried connecting to PowerSDR with WSJT/X and that worked. So I put in a ticket to HRD about the issue and got a reply today saying that they do not support PowerSRD by Apache labs, but they have had others reporting the issue and will open a bug ticket for it.

I had successfully set this up in the past with no issues, but I was running Thetis and an older version of HRD. I decided to go back to PowerSDR because I was having another issue with getting enough audio drive and I thought it might be a Thetis issue. Now I have two problems.

Any help with how to resolve the CAT issue, short of waiting for the bug fix, would be much appreciated.

Ken KE3C
w-u-2-o

Re: CAT Control Issues with HRD

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:06 pm

KE3C wrote:I had successfully set this up in the past with no issues, but I was running Thetis and an older version of HRD
It sounds like you need to go back to the older version of HRD. The CAT code in Thetis and PowerSDR mRX PS is effectively identical. If the older version of HRD worked with Thetis it should work with PowerSDR.

Scott

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”