Anan 100 S meter calibration?

Stu

Anan 100 S meter calibration?

Postby Stu » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:48 am

Hi all
I'm pretty sure my S meter is reading a couple of points high on receive..
I'm gauging this with other rigs in the shack.This is with the RX attenuator set to 0db.

At the moment i don't have the correct equipment to do a proper calibration but If I can find the calibration data I could probably adjust this using other rigs as a reference.

I assume the calibration data is held in the database xml file.
I've seen one or two entries that seem to be likely candidates e.g. "Key>rx1_meter_cal_offset</Key>" but tweaking this value doesn't seem to make much difference to the S meter reading.

Can anyone tell me which entry in the database xml file is for the S Meter calibration and the range of values?

Thanks
Stuart
w-u-2-o

Re: Anan 100 S meter calibration?

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 am

I'm pretty sure it's your other radios that are reading wrong. Apache Labs radios, Flex, and Elecraft are the only radios that read accurately and linearly.

I strongly recommend that you obtain an accurate reference signal generator before you change anything.

You do not need to mess with the xml file with an editor. Simply go to Setup > General > Calibration and adjust the Level Cal setting.

However, again, most seriously, I strongly recommend you do not mess with it unless you have an ***accurate*** reference signal generator. Every time somebody does this they discover that the Apache radio was right and their other radio was wrong.

Scott

P.S. Moving this topic to the main PowerSDR thread, since it has nothing to do with PC's or Homebrew Hardware...
DO2ZA Erwin

Postby DO2ZA Erwin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi Scott,

whats about the Signal-Generator in the PowerSDR?
Is that usable for the Calibration???

73 Erwin
Anan 7000DLE MK2 black, P.2 v2.1.18, WIN 10, 10.0.18362 (1903), i7-7700 @3.60 Ghz, 2x Monitor 24"@144 Hz and 1x 32" Monitor @120 FPS for Thetis
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:05 pm

If you have a way to calibrate the ANAN signal generator output, and a fairly substantial attenuator, then yes it could be used. For instance, you could set the radio output to say +30dBm (1W), pass it through a 100dB attenuator to obtain -70dBm, then use a properly calibrated spectrum analyzer to set it precisely to the desired value using, then feed it back into the radio (still using the output of the attenuator, of course).

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”