Warning : Amp Overload

Tony EI7BMB

Warning : Amp Overload

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Hope I'm posting in the right section. Was testing a new mic set up today on my Anan 100 and went to FM on 6m to test audio with a friend . Everything was going fine until an "Amp Overload" warning appeared on power sdr and it automatically reduced the drive level to zero . I thought it might be temperature related (even though i was only using 10w) so turned the radio off for a while but unfortunately the warning persists . Anyone know what might have gone wrong and how I can diagnose to get things back to normal ?

Thanks
Tony EI7BMB

Re: Warning : Amp Overload

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Just re built the database from scratch and all seems to be back to normal now . I saved some CFC profiles which although they appear in the flex radio folder they are not on the drop down list under "additional tx profiles " on the transmit tab in power sdr . I guess I need to move them to another folder, does anyone know how to import TX profiles ?
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi Tony,

IF (big "if" ;) ) you used the "Export Current Profile" button in Setup > Transmit to save out separate transmit profiles, then:

1. Make a backup of what you have, just in case (use the "export database" function).

2. Use the "import database" function and point it at the profile file that you want. It will be merged with the current database and then PowerSDR will need to be restarted.

IF you did not use the "Export Current Profile" button to make these files, then all bets are off.

Scott

P.S. Wow, that's really weird! I've never even heard of an "amp overload" indication :?:
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks Scott I'll give that a go Edit: worked , thanks again
Oren Davis

Postby Oren Davis » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Pure Signal is compatible with any linear amplifier that is out there so it should not be a problem to run the 8410 with the 8000DLE. The hook up is extremely simple and generally follows what you see in the picture below. The only concern that I would have is that the 8000DLE is capable of producing 200W output so you will need to avoid overdriving the amplifier since 50W - 55W appears to be all that is needed to reach maximum output. You might want to pose your question at the Apache Labs forum at the link below as there may others there who are using the 8410 with an 8000DLE. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”