question about pan adapter

AJ5O

question about pan adapter

Postby AJ5O » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:59 am

Hey guys, new here. Just have a quick question. I know this isn't a Flex and this isn't the Flex software but my dad has a 6300 and I'm curious if OpenHPSDR has this feature. With the flex you can scan around the band you're on and not leave the frequency you're listening to. I searched around and saw a feature in older versions called pan lock or something like that. Seems like that may be what I'm looking for. Do any of you guys know how to do this or if it is even possible? I know CTUN will lock the pan adapter but that's not what I'm looking for. Thanks! Matt AJ5O
w-u-2-o

Re: question about pan adapter

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:46 pm

You can do this to a certain extent.

1. Tune in the station you want.
2. Set your zoom control to minimum so that you can see the maximum bandwidth possible on the panadapter, waterfall or panafall display (I prefer the panafall mode, myself).
3. Turn CTUN ON.
4. With the cursor in the panadapter, waterfall or panafall display area, right click until the large yellow or red crosshairs are NOT shown and only a small white crosshair is visible.
5. Place the white crosshair in the area of the uppermost frequency scale above the panadapter, waterfall or panafall display, hold down the left mouse button and drag left or right.

Limitations: you cannot drag the VFO A passband out of view. If you try to do this, the VFO A passband will jump to a new position.

Also note that if you do see another signal you want to investigate without leaving the first signal, you can turn on MultiRX, tune VFO B onto the second signal, and then listen to them both.

Scott
AJ5O

Re: question about pan adapter

Postby AJ5O » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks Scott! Sounds good. I will give it a try this evening when I get off work.

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”