VAC override by VOX while on phone?

HK4L

VAC override by VOX while on phone?

Postby HK4L » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:10 am

I just post this message to the Yahoo group too.
Hello all.
I made this question before some years ago, may be now the reply could be different.
I use the front panel MIC input and the powerful audio chain in the Anan 200D. Always use the VOX to ptt the radio and the amplifier. I want to use an audio keyer software to play recorded cq messages through VAC, keeping the vox alive and ready to override the VAC when I talk to the MIC. Why there aren't a fourth overriding button when in phone, that can do that? Is it a hardware difficulty or just a matter of THINGS TO DO in the software? I'm not sure, but it looks to me the VOX's ptt signal goes out of the audio chain just after the MIC gain, and can be as simple as a single line of code to do it, isn't it?
It can help very much when working DX and contesting.
Thank you very much to the devopers's team for the great work done with the new release of the powerSDR software.

Best regards and 73

Luis
HK4L
Luis F.
HK4L
w-u-2-o

Re: VAC override by VOX while on phone?

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:35 am

Hi Luis,

It is " just a matter of THINGS TO DO in the software", I'm afraid.

For now, if you want voice keyer override you are stuck using VOX, MOX or space bar.

Scott
HK4L

Re: VAC override by VOX while on phone?

Postby HK4L » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:37 am

Scott, thank you for fast reply.
Just to clarify, what I want is to override the VAC when I talk to the mic. Actually the vox is disabled in any case when the vac is activated and yes, I can override the vac with the Mox, PTT and space bar, but this manual operation doesn't help in a fast DX or contest pile up. Can someone put this in a wish or to do list?. I think the ANAN is a very powerful radio, leading edge, and I undestand it isn't exactly a plug & play radio. I love to struggle and experiment with the hardware and software indeed, but think this minor change can pair it with any plug & play contesting radio even not using a DAW. I'm sure not been alone...or at least hope so.
Thanks again for your hard and fantastic work.
Luis
HK4L
Luis F.
HK4L

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”