multiple & chained RX slices ?

marc

multiple & chained RX slices ?

Postby marc » Fri May 19, 2017 7:24 am

Hi
couldn't find in the whole documentation (or in the setup of OpenHPSDR mRX) how I should configure the software to run multiple chained 384 kHz receivers.
something like VK1HW's video on https://sites.google.com/site/vkonehw/h ... 100d/win10
(bottom of the page)
If someone could give me some info -or the URL describing such a configuration-, it will be perfect
Tnks & 73
f6itu
w-u-2-o

Re: multiple & chained RX slices ?

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 am

Marc,

I never use this feature, but I believe all you have to do is make sure that "Limit Stitched Receivers" is NOT checked in setup and then zoom out to maximum span.

Note that when using 384KHz sampling rate and/or stitched receivers PureSignal is not available.

I'll look at this later when I'm back home and in front of the radio.

73!

Scott
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Fri May 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Yes as Scott says all you need do is uncheck "limit stitched receivers" . I'm using this right now at 384 rate.
marc

Postby marc » Fri May 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Thank you to both of you. It helps a lot.

Now I have to know how can I add 2 or 3 receivers :-) 384 kHz is definitely too "narrow band" for me.

I'm trying to display (and later decode) a 400 kHz modulation scheme... no obvious with PSDR. I think the truth should be found digging in GNURadio.

Thanks again , 73'
f6itu
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri May 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Marc,

If you want really wideband capability, you could try to use the new protocol firmware (Protocol 2). It supports an IF bandwidth of 1.536MHz. This would require you to load the Protocol 2 firmware for your radio, and also to use Thetis as the client instead of PowerSDR. It also REQUIRES a Gigabit Ethernet connection for the radio and PC.

Note that if you are going to try this, you MUST be comfortable using HPSDR Bootloader to update firmware. The new protocol does NOT support HPSDR Programmer, so to go from Protocol 2 to Protocol 1 you must use HPSDR Bootloader (to be strictly accurate, there is a new programmer for Protocol 2, but it's use is complex and it's actually easier to use Bootloader).

Scott
marc

Postby marc » Sat May 20, 2017 6:18 am

Hi Scott

My Angelia is not really operational right now, if I could dare this understatement. The main board is empty of any component (we are collecting the BOM for a batch of 6 boards) and I'm right now designing the front-end with Kicad (I've decided to follow your advice : sophisticated filters are better than simple bpf)

I'm pretty sure the new gigabit protocol will be definitely debugged and in a stable release when we will be ready to use our Angelias... meanwhile, I'm working on the signal analysis and waveform demodulation with other SDR

My first test are made with a handful of KF7O's "Hermes Lite" V1.0 -The V2.0 is still in beta. In other words, we are quite confortable with the Quartus platform, it's USB Blaster and bootloader questions (the fpga of theH.L. V1 is an Altera SDK usb key, the HL v2 needs a Blaster).
So far, the H.L. v1.0 cannot stich several receivers under mRX with it's present firmware. For this reason, wideband receiving is made apart, with a HackRF and an Airspy . You cannot imagine how I long for my Angelia board with the new protocol :-)

Anyhow, it's too early to give more details about our hacks... it could be an epic fail. If we succeed, it will be published and open source.
Tnks again for your advices.
73++
f6itu

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”