Script to download the latest Pro2 and P2app

G2 operating system and special app's (e.g. p2app) discussion only--post Thetis and piHPSDR questions in their own sub-forums
N4QNT

Script to download the latest Pro2 and P2app

Postby N4QNT » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:32 pm

Is it possible for someone to list the current line commands/script to Git Pull the latest V12 firmware and V15 p2app? I'm new to the G2 world and would like some assistance with this procedure.

Thank you,
Art
KC2QMA

Re: Script to download the latest Pro2 and P2app

Postby KC2QMA » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:49 am

Me too!
N4QNT

Postby N4QNT » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:06 am

KC2QMA wrote:Me too!

WOW! Tough Crowd LOL
JohnFT61

Postby JohnFT61 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 pm

I am not an expert with LINUX, but I did manage to get the latest FW and P2_app in my G2.

LatestVersions.png
LatestVersions.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1259 times

When I click on the TUNE button in piHPSDR and Thetis, there is no output, but shows supply current increasing to 10A! What is going on?

I previously had versions 11 (FW) and 14 (P2_app).

John
N2KBE
n1gp

Postby n1gp » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:37 pm

Hi John,

Did you power-off the G2 after upgrading? If not maybe try that.
I'm not sure, Laurence can confirm, that maybe the FPGA firmware needs
a power restart after upgrading.

-Rick / N1GP
JohnFT61

Postby JohnFT61 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 pm

Hello Rick,

Yes, I did power the G2 off after upgrading. then powered it back on. The current increases, depending on the power put level that is set, but no power at the antenna port. Of course I am keeping the power output low, so that no damage is done.

I have done several updates already with no issues.

Do you have FPGA FW 12 and P2_app version 15 in your G2?

John
N2KBE
n1gp

Postby n1gp » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:05 am

Please make sure your running the latest Thetis:
https://github.com/ramdor/Thetis/releases/download/v2.10.3.6-dev_2/Thetis-v2.10.3.6-dev_2.x64.msi

I think in between firmware updates and Thetis updates there were some mis-configurations.

I have not updated my G2 yet, I will tomorrow and post if I see any issues.
JohnFT61

Postby JohnFT61 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:55 am

Rick,

I have tried it on both Thetis and piHPSDR, same results.

It seems by the fact that the supply current goes up with increased power output setting, the RF is making its way to the PA, but not getting to the output of the antenna port.

I got rid of the older FPGA FW files, thinking I wouldn't need them again! I would liked to have tried to put the last version back and see the results!

John
N2KBE
JohnFT61

Postby JohnFT61 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:12 am

Rick,

I just put back FPGA 11 FW and now it works correctly once again! Don't they try out the FW files before they release them?

John
N2KBE
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:17 am

I had the same problem with FW V12. You have to install the latest version of piHPSDR to have output (26th Jan 2024).

Volker

DL4ZBG
n1gp

Postby n1gp » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:22 pm

I upgraded my G2 to v12 / 15 and it is working fine, transmitting fine
using either pihpsdr or thetis. I am running the latest of both apps.
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:22 pm

JohnFT61 wrote:Rick,

I just put back FPGA 11 FW and now it works correctly once again! Don't they try out the FW files before they release them?

John
N2KBE

By "they" I assume you mean me.

Yes "they" have tried it out, and yes "they" do have power out of the radio. And "they" don't immediately know what the problem would be.

The new firmware needs to be run with the new p2app. It is supposed to detect that it is being used with older Thetis or piHPSDR so that it is backward compatible. What version of Thetis or piHPSDR are you running - none of your posts seem to identify it?
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
N4QNT

Postby N4QNT » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:56 am

laurencebarker wrote:

John
N2KBE

Yes "they" have tried it out, and yes "they" do have power out of the radio. And "they" don't immediately know what the problem would be.

The new firmware needs to be run with the new p2app. It is supposed to detect that it is being used with older Thetis or piHPSDR so that it is backward compatible. What version of Thetis or piHPSDR are you running - none of your posts seem to identify it?

Hello Laurence, I started this post. Thank you for your time and efforts in development. I'm leaning slowly toward this G2 and the Linux platform, I just updated to the latest Thetis DEV2, is it possible for you to post the command lines/script to pull the latest V15 p2app & V12 firmware?

Thank you,
Art
K5WC

Postby K5WC » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:21 pm

N4QNT wrote:
laurencebarker wrote:

John
N2KBE

Hello Laurence, I started this post. Thank you for your time and efforts in development. I'm leaning slowly toward this G2 and the Linux platform, I just updated to the latest Thetis DEV2, is it possible for you to post the command lines/script to pull the latest V15 p2app & V12 firmware?

Thank you,
Art

I followed the previous instructions in the other threads about updating. I have just finished getting mine updated. Look for the thread about firmware update from August up close to the top of the G2 section.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4772

Good luck
73 John
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:44 pm

In fairness, they are also in the manual. I spent quite a bit of time writing that and don't particularly want to do it again!

I don't have a problem with someone writing a script, but I've never used one for this purpose. I just type the command lines in.
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
K5WC

Postby K5WC » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:46 pm

It would be nice if we had a pinned post in the G2 section about software and firmware updates was posted. I guess there could be somewhere that the updates are posted and I have just missed them. If I hadn’t seen this post I would still be at fw8/sw13.

Thank you Laurence Barker for all that you do to help us!

73 John
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:05 pm

K5WC wrote:It would be nice if we had a pinned post in the G2 section about software and firmware updates was posted.

Like this one: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4772 ?

A quick post to the bottom of that one by one of you G2 folks might be all that is necessary.
K5WC

Postby K5WC » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:44 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:
K5WC wrote:It would be nice if we had a pinned post in the G2 section about software and firmware updates was posted.

Like this one: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4772 ?

A quick post to the bottom of that one by one of you G2 folks might be all that is necessary.

Yes that’s the post I referenced but updates would be needed to be posted there. I think there has been a couple sw/fw updates put out since that thread was pinned and maybe the title of the post changed from a specific date to just fw/sw updates? I wasn’t really sure where I should be looking for updates. I guess I can always do a git pull occasionally to see for myself. Still new to this side of things. Eaither way I’m really appreciative to all you guys who help us new folk out.

73 John
KC2QMA

Postby KC2QMA » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:13 pm

What would be nice to see in the future is a Firmware/Software updater application installed on the G2 RaPi where the user would
Double click on the "G2 Updater App" then a box would pop up saying "New Firmware/Software is available would you like to update now" Click Yes Or No.
Then in the background it grabs the update from GitHub and shows a progress bar.
After the update a box pops up and says “Firmware/Software is updated please restart G2”
And That’s it your done!

Well I guess it’s a bit of wishful thinking but it sure would be very nice!
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:52 am

KC2QMA wrote:What would be nice to see in the future is a Firmware/Software updater application installed on the G2 RaPi where the user would
Double click on the "G2 Updater App" then a box would pop up saying "New Firmware/Software is available would you like to update now" Click Yes Or No.
Then in the background it grabs the update from GitHub and shows a progress bar.
After the update a box pops up and says “Firmware/Software is updated please restart G2”
And That’s it your done!

Well I guess it’s a bit of wishful thinking but it sure would be very nice!

Yes!
Visual Studio Community is ready when you are :-)
Go for it!

Return to “G2 Operating System & Applications”