New G2 with display and problems

G2 operating system and special app's (e.g. p2app) discussion only--post Thetis and piHPSDR questions in their own sub-forums
dl4zbg

Re: New G2 with display and problems

Postby dl4zbg » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:07 pm

Hello Tony,

any news on this cable?

Regards

Volker

administrator wrote:Volker,

The modified cables have been ordered and will be provided FOC once available.

Regards,

Tony

dl4zbg wrote:Laurence,

I know that this is more a volunteer project than an industrial product like Kenwood TRXs..

BUT for 4000 bucks I would expect some kind of mod kit from the "factory" like the fan mod ANAN7000.

Volker
DL4ZBG
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 pm

After waiting 4 weeks for delivery, my cable arrived on the 19th of March. On request I received wiring information the next day.

Unfortunately the cable provided by AL was about 4" too short. So I finally crossed Pins 9 an 10 (suggested by Laurence) in the old cable, this was not complicated. In Thetis there is no difference between using front and back 3,5mm jack.

But in piHPSDR (latest built) I can only use the back connector, the front connector still does not work, at least with a headset (bias).

Does anybody else made the same experience? Any thoughts welcome....

Volker

DL4ZBG
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:36 am

There seem to be two kinds of headsets: those where the tip and ring connector are joined together (and provide both audio path and bias) and those where the two functions are not directly joined at the headset end. I have two headsets and they are the first kind; and they won't work directly in any anan radio. My "fix" is to have an adapter cable with stereo socket, connected to only one of tip or ring.

Abhi has some of the other kind of headset; I haven't found them in UK. He also has some like mine.
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
KL4QG

Postby KL4QG » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:29 am

I’m hearing impaired 80 percent lost
With any HF radio I have use 20-30 db amplifier to adjust radio volume to hear -A lot people cannot understand this so I’m limited to Headset microphones work with audio amplifier.
One is RadioSport other that I have now using with Kenwood 890 is INRAD W1
Anyone using INRAD W1 headset mic with G2 I need order proper connection plugs for G2
Heil Headsets give me bad feedback and keep breaking
KA2ZSD Naknek Ak
My G2 about 4 weeks out get to me
Thank u

Return to “G2 Operating System & Applications”