G2 - Dead on Arrival

G2 operating system and special app's (e.g. p2app) discussion only--post Thetis and piHPSDR questions in their own sub-forums
Burl, AJ9Q

G2 - Dead on Arrival

Postby Burl, AJ9Q » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:43 am

Got my G2 yesterday and I have no screen and unable to connect with Thetis. The power light and fan do turn ON.
The from panel knobs do not respond. Also there is slight physical damage to the right rear corner. There
was not any damage to the shipping package. Interesting.....

I have not found any useful help to get my unit up and running. The US support said they were not trained on the G2.

Hence, I grow weary. After all the hassles with US Customs, physical damage, lack of information on the G2 hardware and software.
Bottom line, I need some helpful information or else I will return / sell.

Burl, AJ9Q
administrator

Re: G2 - Dead on Arrival

Postby administrator » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:12 pm

Hello Burl,

Sorry to hear that the rig is not operational, was there a customs seal on the box? sometimes they open packages for inspection and do not handle it carefully.

When you say there is no display does that mean that the radio is not booting up (blank screen)? can you please email the details to me at support@apache-labs.com

Thanks,

Tony
administrator

Postby administrator » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:16 pm

Hello Burl,

I can confirm that Doug at our US support is available for assistance with the G2, please contact either him or myself. We will get you up and running as soon as possible.

Regards,

Tony
Burl, AJ9Q

Postby Burl, AJ9Q » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:08 pm

Tony

My post indicates NO screen on boot up. I need some detailed help with of " function of operation" and what is required for software loads and operations. I have not found any pertinent info on G2 software and operation. I have read postings, but Apache needs to provide direct information on their products. It should not come from postings on the forum.

Yes, I have contacted Doug. He is an excellent service person, unfortunately he also does not have the pertinent information on the G2.

Again, I grow more weary.....Bur, AJ9Q
administrator

Postby administrator » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:48 pm

Hi Burl,

Doug has tried making contact with you but has not heard back, he needs details from you to be able to help.

Here is the operation manual for the G2:

https://apache-labs.com/download_file.p ... ds_id=1023

I am not sure what you mean by "what is required for software loads" all required software for stand alone application is preinstalled on the rig.

If you need to use Thetis it is available at:

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Theti ... /v2.10.0.0

I would encourage you to reply to Doug ASAP so that we can get this resolved ASAP,

Regards,

Tony

Burl, AJ9Q wrote:Tony

My post indicates NO screen on boot up. I need some detailed help with of " function of operation" and what is required for software loads and operations. I have not found any pertinent info on G2 software and operation. I have read postings, but Apache needs to provide direct information on their products. It should not come from postings on the forum.

Yes, I have contacted Doug. He is an excellent service person, unfortunately he also does not have the pertinent information on the G2.

Again, I grow more weary.....Bur, AJ9Q

Return to “G2 Operating System & Applications”