G2 No display MIC input (XLR) No Audio.

G2 operating system and special app's (e.g. p2app) discussion only--post Thetis and piHPSDR questions in their own sub-forums
syracusepro

G2 No display MIC input (XLR) No Audio.

Postby syracusepro » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:28 am

I measured pins on cable to make sure those are by the manual. Cable is fine, but no audio from mike with condenser or dynamic, using MIC XLR input on the back. Any settings I need to keep in mind, so this can work? If insert audio from output of interface, it does work, but MIC plugged into MIC port wont work. No audio. Thanks.
laurencebarker

Re: G2 No display MIC input (XLR) No Audio.

Postby laurencebarker » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm

What SDR client app are you running - piHPSDR or Thetis? Have you enabled the XLR input in that?
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
syracusepro

Postby syracusepro » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 pm

laurencebarker wrote:What SDR client app are you running - piHPSDR or Thetis? Have you enabled the XLR input in that?

I am running Thetis 10.3.6 dev_2.

No bias power when checkmark on it. Condenser not working at all with VAC 1 off, so XLR is selected with correct wiring from XLR to TRS.
Three days since I got it, just 12W of power to drive the amp, the radio get so hot, that hands on the back can not handle, when testing for temp.
Dynamic mike works on XLR with a lot of noise and RFI. Ferrite is on it.
Other than that, the radio seems to operate, but line in, also has no audio working or not normal behavior on it.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 pm

Not 100% certain of what you are trying to say, but just in case it is relevant there is no bias voltage (phantom power) available on the G2 balanced TRS mic input.

Return to “G2 Operating System & Applications”