G2 Line In

G2 operating system and special app's (e.g. p2app) discussion only--post Thetis and piHPSDR questions in their own sub-forums
W7GES

G2 Line In

Postby W7GES » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:57 am

Hi,

Would someone else that has a G2 with knobs check if Thetis transmits audio via the Line in rear panel jack?

I'm transitioning from an Anan 7000 MKII black panel and I don't get SSB / FT8 audio via the line in jack using Thetis.

I can transmit audio via the front panel microphone jack and the XLR/TRS jack (if I start P2APP with the xlr option).

If I select the microphone and send audio to the line in jack via N1MM I do get audio at a low level. If I send microphone audio to the line in jack I don't get audio at all. The microphone and N1MM audio source for the G2 line in jack is a Presonus Studio 192 Mobile soundcard that I have used successfully with the 7000 MKII since I purchased it.

I've tried both the tip and the ring for the input audio.

Thanks,

George / W7GES
W7GES

Re: G2 Line In

Postby W7GES » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:10 am

This will probably turn out to be a mislabeled cable.

After I shut everything down tonight I pulled the rig out again and noticed a had a PTT in cable and a Line In cable but no PTT out cable (I marked the cables with a label maker when I took the 7000 MKII off the desk).

I looked behind the desk and the cable marked Line In ran towards the amplifier.

Tomorrow I will look to see if the Line In cable was accidentally pulled out of the 7000 MKII and not labeled.
KC2QMA

Postby KC2QMA » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:14 am

I too have not been able to get the Line-in or Balanced XLR inputs to work on my G2 no screen model running Thetis 2.10.0?
KI4P

Postby KI4P » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:47 pm

KC2QMA wrote:I too have not been able to get the Line-in or Balanced XLR inputs to work on my G2 no screen model running Thetis 2.10.0?

Have you used the PI program to change inputs?
Richard - KI4P
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:23 pm

The newest release of piHPSDR can select the XLR input from a setup form control. Soon Thetis will be able to do the same.

I've found why line in isn't working (the code is taking right line in, and it should be left). That will be fixed soon and I'm making audiotest able to show line in signal level too.
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
echo_india

Postby echo_india » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:05 pm

laurencebarker wrote:The newest release of piHPSDR can select the XLR input from a setup form control. Soon Thetis will be able to do the same.

I've found why line in isn't working (the code is taking right line in, and it should be left). That will be fixed soon and I'm making audiotest able to show line in signal level too.

Thanks Laurence, this is good news.
Best 73,
EI5GJB
echo_india

Postby echo_india » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:21 pm

KC2QMA wrote:I too have not been able to get the Line-in or Balanced XLR inputs to work on my G2 no screen model running Thetis 2.10.0?

The p2app starts by default without arguments. You can auto enable the xlr mic input as I have done by following what is documented in the Saturn manual. However, I found the following the best option to edit in the rc.local file

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo geany /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other # value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution # bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing. # Print the IP address
_IP=$(hostname -I) || true
if [ "$_IP" ]; then
printf "My IP address is %s\n" "$_IP"
fi

sleep 10
/home/pi/github/Saturn/sw_projects/P2_app/p2app -m xlr &

exit 0
Best 73,
EI5GJB
KC2QMA

Postby KC2QMA » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:20 pm

Please see this link:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4694
W7GES

Postby W7GES » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:45 pm

laurencebarker wrote:The newest release of piHPSDR can select the XLR input from a setup form control. Soon Thetis will be able to do the same.

Is this line in issue only in pihspsdr or is it affecting Thetis as well?

Either way I will be able to test if my cable is supplying audio via the audiotest application.

I see there were changes made today to the repository for audiotest. Can I just git pull and make to get the updated version or are there additional changes that will need to be made in the repository first?

Thanks!

George / W7GES

Return to “G2 Operating System & Applications”