Kudos to Doug Wigley

Forum rules
If you forgot your password, please use the password reset feature.

For profile changes or private issues, please contact a moderator by email or PM (use "The team" link at the bottom of the page)
tcrothers57

Kudos to Doug Wigley

Postby tcrothers57 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:03 pm

The Readers Digest version, as the whole thing would be too long and loquacious :

Several weeks ago, I (like a dummy) opened my 7000 DLE MKii Black Edition to try and figure out a hardware issue I was having. I got over my head in a short period time while trying to put the very small spaced Chinese Puzzle of PC boards and connecting cables back together again. In a nutshell, I ended up causing myself more problems.

I inquired within the Customer Support portal on the Apache Labs website, and in a very short time was answered by Doug Wigley in Arkansas regarding procedures to send the rig to him for service.

I sent the rig to Doug, and he graciously got into the rig and diagnosed several problems that most likely I myself caused by not using the most adept technician practices that I could (and should) have used. I know better, and as I told Doug - I'm embarrassed !

Regardless, I want to send out this posting to thank Doug for his kind and excellent customer service, and technical skills! And for that matter - let the group know! I have the rig back now, and so far it is working well. Of course, there were charges (as there should be) since I caused the issues myself, but they were minimal to my estimation.

Thank you Doug. I appreciate ya! (I hope I have posted this to the correct category in the Forum)

Tom
W8NA
Westerville, OH
PHILIPASCHECHTER

Re: Kudos to Doug Wigley

Postby PHILIPASCHECHTER » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:56 am

Tom,

I have a new 7000 DLE MKII that first arrived around Christmas. I had problems with the unit right away and after trying a few days to overcome them in my shack Doug suggested that I send the rig to him for service. He was with me every step of the way. Also, Doug was very thorough and speedy during the holidays and sent back the ANAN in better condition than when it arrived from Australia. I am new to SDRs. When I have posted on these pages I have not had responses twice. Doug came to the rescue and helped me with enough information to get me going. If it hadn't been for his excellent support and newbie support above and beyond what I believe is his job description . . .I am sure that I would have found a way to get rid of this new SDR.
I think Doug is an American gem and that if not for is devotion to this cause Apache-Labs would find there small niche in the US trending towards extinction. Thanks Tom for highlighting Doug and his work.
73 phil
W0OJ
wt9s

Postby wt9s » Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 am

How do I contact Doug?

Thanks,

Jay - WT9S
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon May 03, 2021 10:30 am

His call sign is W5WC. His email on qrz.com is good.
wt9s

Postby wt9s » Tue May 04, 2021 12:55 am

Thanks.

Return to “Forum Problems (like posting photos, etc.)”