How to post images?

Forum rules
If you forgot your password, please use the password reset feature.

For profile changes or private issues, please contact a moderator by email or PM (use "The team" link at the bottom of the page)
W1JA

How to post images?

Postby W1JA » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:13 pm

I'd like to put an image for display in-line in a post. Rather than list the several things I tried that didn't work, I'll just ask: How to do it?
W1JA

Re: How to post images?

Postby W1JA » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:19 pm

I should add: I suppose there are two basic paradigms for images. One would be to upload the image to the forum server for storage there. This way doesn't seem to be available on this forum. The other way would be to have my image available at a web URL. I have already uploaded it to Imgur, and have a working URL.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:19 pm

If you've got the image up on Imgur then you are halfway there!

As you found out, you need to upload the image to an image hosting service, I use Flickr. Imgur is a good one, too. Photobucket has been popular but I believe they are charging money now. There are other alternatives, just Google "image hosting services".

The second step is to simply put the correct URL in the body of your post. The correct URL needs to be surrounded by the "img" tags. Such tags are part of a formatting system called "BBCode". For Imgur follow these directions: https://community.imgur.com/t/posting-pictures-on-forums/21454/2

You can also post live links by surrounding URLs with "url" tags. You'll note in the toolbar above the text entry window when you are posting there are convenient buttons that create those tags for you if you need them. Have fun and experiment with them! You can use the Preview button to check that it's coming out the way you want before hitting the Submit button.

73!

Scott
W1JA

Postby W1JA » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:17 pm

Oooh, I had gotten oh-so-close. The link I was using, inside the img tags, was ...//imgur.com... Missing the ...//i.imgur.com... Fixed, and image posted successfully.

Thanks Scott for your help!

Return to “Forum Problems, Help & Suggestions”