Anan 100 Xvtr RX BNC port

Tony EI7BMB

Anan 100 Xvtr RX BNC port

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Is there a jumper setting to activate the Xvtr RX BNC port on Anan 100 hermes . I can get my Xverter to input via ANT 3 but not through the BNC Xvert port ? Are there other settings I need to change other than XVTR checkbox on 10m in ANT control on power sdr ?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've carried out a search on the yahoo group without success

Thanks guys
Tony EI7BMB

Re: Anan 100 Xvtr RX BNC port

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:41 am

Playing around with settings here and when I clicked on "disable BYPASS" I seem to have Rx now through RX Xvtr. Are there any links to info to explain what "Disable BYPASS" does ?

Edit: Just read this on http://anan-100d.wikidot.com/100d-psdr , Does this apply to the hermes board too I wonder ? Is it safe to click this option ?

" Workaround for using the Ext1/2/XVTR ports on the rev24 PA board with

receive only antennas. To use a receive only antenna with the 100W ANAN
radios shipped since Feb 2015 you will need to check the "Disable BYPASS"
box located near the bottom of the Setup=>General=>Ant/Filters=>Antenna
page. Please do not use this with previous versions of the PA boards."
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Tony,

in order to rout the XVERT RX BNC Port to the RX path (internally), you have to set a checkbox in General>Ant/Filters>Antenna in the left RX section for "XVERT" for your IF Band e.g. 10m. Please look at the screenshots in the thread below this one from VK4....

Volker

DL4ZBG
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi Volker, yes I had that already checked. Thanks for posting Edit : I also see that "disable bypass" is mentioned so guess its ok to use this.
Conrad_PA5Y

Postby Conrad_PA5Y » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Even if you do get the XVTR RX BNC to work it is unreliable. As are the Ext1 and Ext2 connectors. At least on my 100D they are.

To quantify how much of a problem this is I did a test.

I injected an S9 (-73dBm) signal into the XVTR RX BNC, the demodulated audio was routed from the line out to recorder (I wanted to avoid VAC).

I then activated PTT for 1 sec RX for 2 sec then activated PTT for 1 sec etc, I did this for 30 mins.

For >30% of the time the RX did not recover correctly. This was repeated for Ext1 and Ext2 with similar results. It is not band dependent.

However if the ANT1/ANT2 or ANT3 sockets were used the RX/TX changeover was 100% reliable in each 30min period. What I do not like about this is that a DB (or user) error could result in RF from the PA being applied to an LNA or transverter, so I have to use an external relay. So there is a workaround but I am annoyed that I have to find one. I have also found another problem related to frequency stability. I will start a new thread for that.

I think that I did not get a good example of a 100D but as these things are not tested in any robust way and most do not use them I will never know. , However the Transverter output is so clean and the RX is so good that I will persevere. I have abandoned the 6m Es season this year in order to sort these problems out.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Return to “Transverters”