Behringer CMD Studio2A for VFO A or B freq control

A place to discuss and exchange ideas on all types of control surfaces for PowerSDR and Thetis.
N4XD

Behringer CMD Studio2A for VFO A or B freq control

Postby N4XD » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Anyone gotten one of these to work assigning the large wheels to VFO A or B for frequency changes? I've tried and it doesn't work correctly.

All the other controls, except the pitch blend controls, work fine.

My other midi controller, the DJ Control Compact, works great.

Thanks

Ron
N4XD
K9RX

Re: Behringer CMD Studio2A for VFO A or B freq control

Postby K9RX » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi Ron,

I'm using the CMD 2A and love it! I do indeed have VFO A and B assigned to the 2 wheels. I'll check the 'settings' in the midi panel.

Gary
K9RX
N4XD

Postby N4XD » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:43 pm

Gary, thanks. Appreciate the reply. Which software are you using, Thetis or PowerSDR? I'm using Thetis which may be the issue.

Other information

When running the diagnostic capability under midi setup the right large wheel returns data 41 when clockwise and 3F when ccw. Wonder if yours does the same.

Thanks
Ron
N4XD

Postby N4XD » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:50 pm

UPDATE: Issue fixed

Turns out you must load the driver (found here: https://archive.org/details/cmdstudio2aDriver)

I initially thought the driver was only to have the Behringer Studio2A be recognized as a sound card but apparently that isn't the case.

After loading the driver the wheels now act as they should.

Ron
N4XD
K9RX

Postby K9RX » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:58 pm

Great - I had forgotten about the post so my bad anyway. Drop me an email at my arrl email address if you have any other questions regarding its setup or use.

Gary
JeffH

Postby JeffH » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:21 pm

I have the exact same problem with the wheels. I loaded the driver as you suggested. The wheel works better now, but if I turn the wheel the frequency just jumps in the step tune frequency I have set. If I swing the wheel, it just keeps stepping slowly until the frequency change finally catches up with where the wheel was moved to, many minutes down the road. Is there another setting I need to do?

Return to “Macro & MIDI Controller Software, Hardware & Scripts”