Thetis- MIDI and CAT Control Interaction

A place to discuss and exchange ideas on all types of control surfaces for PowerSDR and Thetis.
dl4zbg

Thetis- MIDI and CAT Control Interaction

Postby dl4zbg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:51 pm

Hello,

during the last UHF Contest I was using my 7000DLE as an exciter for a new 70cm transverter (Thetis 2.7.0, Hardware Com port 9600 Baud to Microham device, MIDI DJControl Compact). Any time I was suffering from VFO overshooting when turning the VFO wheels quickly.
Disabling CAT contol solved the problem. Today I checked using CAT+ instead of CAT control and all is running ok.
Now I'm curious. Did anyone make the same experience or has an explanation for this odd behaviour?

TNX

Volker

DL4ZBG
w-u-2-o

Re: Thetis- MIDI and CAT Control Interaction

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Volker,

I'm curious: what does the Microham device and CAT have anything to do with it? The DJControl Compact connects directly to the PC via USB, and is processed through a set of MIDI drivers directly by Thetis.

Scott
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Scott,

my station is only half SDR. I am using a Microham MK2R+ to manage my K3 and my ANAN (SO2R). So I have connected my ANAN (Thetis) to the Micromham router using COM1 of my PC (getting 2 virtual ports back via Microham USB connction and controlling my Ultrabeam antenna).
Might sound a little bit strange.....
Regardless of using CAT oder CAT+, it's the same COM1 hardware port I am using.
Configuring CAT I can notice interaction betwen MIDI an CAT operation, using CAT+ (2nd CAT) there seems to be NO interaction...

Volker
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Volker,

I can't imagine how it would matter. I would not think there is any interaction between CAT serial port and MIDI code (although MIDI commands are effectively translated to CAT for processing).

BREAK

@w5wc

Doug--any thoughts?

Scott

Return to “Macro & MIDI Controller Software, Hardware & Scripts”