Using E- coder plus

A place to discuss and exchange ideas on all types of control surfaces for PowerSDR and Thetis.
Davidg4nktJohn

Using E- coder plus

Postby Davidg4nktJohn » Fri May 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi
I was wondering if it is possible to use the Expert Electronics E coder Plus with the HPSDR software running an Anan 10, if it is, can it be configured as for say a DJ console.
Thanks
Dave
w-u-2-o

Re: Using E- coder plus

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri May 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Dave,

I moved your topic to a sub-forum where we discuss various knobified hardware used for controlling our radios. The other sub-forum is dedicated to the discussion of Simon Brown's "SDR Console" thick-client software (PowerSDR alternative).

The short answer would appear to be "No". The E-coder website says "Control panel is designed to work with ExpertSDR and ExpertSDR2 programs". ExpertSDR is the client software used to run the Sun and MB1 series of SDR radios.

Scott
Davidg4nktJohn

Postby Davidg4nktJohn » Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Scott
Many thanks for putting me in the corect section.
What confused me about the E coder is that it says "supports power SDR software only with Windows OS and requires E-coder Pro SW work with the TS2000protocol via CAT system" thats what made me think it might be a possibility. Never mind it was worth a shot.
Thanks for the help and quick reply
Dave
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri May 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Dave,

I did not see that particular blurb. If it speaks "TS2000" CAT protocol, it might very well work with PowerSDR, since PowerSDR also will process many TS2000 commands.

It's a very expensive unit. If you can obtain one and try it with the opportunity to return it then it might be worth the effort.

However, you can obtain a wide variety of MIDI controllers that will work quite well with PowerSDR and do the same things. The only downside is that you have to label the controls, and it can be fussy work to do that in a neat, clean, professional looking way.

Perhaps more importantly, have you contacted the manufacturer directly and asked them how/if it will work with PowerSDR?

Scott

Return to “Macro & MIDI Controller Software, Hardware & Scripts”