Behringer CMD Micro installed

A place to discuss and exchange ideas on all types of control surfaces for PowerSDR and Thetis.
Tony EI7BMB

Behringer CMD Micro installed

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:05 am

I have been using this for a while now and the multi speed VFO tuning is excellent, thanks Chris. Took me a while to get the correct white on black labeling and I've attached a photo to show how it looks so far.

[img]IMAG0153.jpg[/img]
Attachments
IMAG0153.jpg
IMAG0153.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 13630 times
w-u-2-o

Re: Behringer CMD Micro installed

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Very nice, neat and clean labeling job, Tony!

Question: why not put the labels directly on top of the buttons, thereby hiding their original markings? (That's what I do ;) )

73!

Scott
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi Scott , I had thought originally about doing it that way but the "Step + " was just slightly too long and labels for sliders have to go below anyway so decided to keep it as consistent as possible. The label will not get worn out either with my constant finger pressing . Going below the button allows you to have one label across 2 or more buttons which makes lining up that bit easier with less cutting. All down to personal preference and experimentation I guess :-)
Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Tony, very nice.

73 de KE4WY Jim
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks Jim
N7CVZ

Postby N7CVZ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:15 pm

I received a CMD micro in the mail yesterday and just started programming it some last night. 1st impression is that it works great and not to big on the desk.
W2PA

Postby W2PA » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Sorry for the delayed response but it looks great, Tony. I chose to put the labels on top of the buttons and find it works fine, but of course blocks the existing lit-up label. This is fine for me and avoids confusing dual labeling. The one exception is I kept the "Sync" button as-is and mapped to the VFO sync function.
Chris, W2PA
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks Chris , great idea on the sync button, I'll map the one on the left hand side to do that.
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Hope you like it as much as I do.

N7CVZ wrote:I received a CMD micro in the mail yesterday and just started programming it some last night. 1st impression is that it works great and not to big on the desk.
W2PA

Postby W2PA » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Tony,

You can see my current mappings here: http://w2pa.net/SDR/2017/05/06/summary- ... cmd-micro/

It took me a few iterations to arrive at an arrangement I like for most operating. I mapped my most often used functions to the Micro and have the unit positioned just below my display and in back of the keyboard - a convenient place right in the middle of the action. And I used the only four buttons capable of flashing to map onto functions that made sense to flash and call attention to themselves. The PL1 includes some duplicated functions but sits off to one side and is used for fine tuning, for example on CW, with separate controls for filter edge adjustments and of course the bigger tuning knob. I have the drive level there too so as to not bump into it inadvertently, and also to use that slider's LEDs to indicate drive level.
Chris, W2PA
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Chris that a very informative piece, photos look great too . I had not played with the "flashing" led function but as I sometimes forget to disable CTUN when on cw so I decided to make that flash, works well . Am I correct in thinking only the "play/pause" and "cue" buttons can change color on the micro ?

Return to “Macro & MIDI Controller Software, Hardware & Scripts”