So Disappointed But I Rolled it Back. 7000 MK III To Protocol 1

FIRMWARE TOPICS ONLY--non-firmware topics will be MOVED
Forum rules
Until such time as the New Protocol firmware goes into general release, all discussion will be concentrated here.
w-u-2-o

Re: So Disappointed But I Rolled it Back. 7000 MK III To Protocol 1

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:34 am

Chiron wrote: I've noticed a frequency offset when using protocol 2 with a 7000DLE MK3. It is around -160Hz. When using protocol 1, the frequency is correct (within several Hz). I asume that with only changing between protocol 1 and 2 firmware, the frequency should be identical.
Do you also have the frequency offset only with protocol 2?

See this topic: https://community.apache-labs.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4969
StefanoAlvaro

Postby StefanoAlvaro » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 pm

Chiron wrote:
StefanoAlvaro wrote:
n1gp wrote:Hi Vin,

[...]

I've noticed a frequency offset when using protocol 2 with a 7000DLE MK3. It is around -160Hz. When using protocol 1, the frequency is correct (within several Hz). I asume that with only changing between protocol 1 and 2 firmware, the frequency should be identical.
Do you also have the frequency offset only with protocol 2?

Yes, but I had never given it any importance. I just installed the new fw 2.2.2. vers.A and tried to keep it in TX for a long time, at the moment it seems to work!!!
I'm waiting to claim victory, I want to test it well and call CQ for at least an hour/two, but something has definitely improved. I always thought this couldn't depend on the temperature and I wasn't wrong.
KD1GA

Postby KD1GA » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:44 pm

I'm officially claiming victory:). Since I updated to the new firmware to fix the RF on the RX port and also went to CM ASIO Protocol 2 has worked perfectly for two months. Maybe that little bit of RF from the RX port was what was messing with the firmware timings. Vin KD1GA
Last edited by KD1GA on Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vin KD1GA
n2gq

Postby n2gq » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:04 pm

KD1GA wrote:I'm officially claiming victory:). Since I updated to the new firmware to fix the RF on the RX port and also went to CM ASIO Protocol 2 has worked perfectly for two months. Maybe that little bit of RF was messing with the firmware timings. Vin KD1GA

Did you terminate the open ports as well?
Jay N2GQ
KD1GA

Postby KD1GA » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:35 pm

Yes, port shunting was one of the first things I did when i first suspected RF and that didn't solve the issues. Thanks for your suggestion a while back. I apologize for not confirming it was already done back months ago when you originally suggested it.
Vin KD1GA
n2gq

Postby n2gq » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:49 pm

KD1GA wrote:Yes, port shunting was one of the first things I did when i first suspected RF and that didn't solve the issues. Thanks for your suggestion a while back. I apologize for not confirming it was already done back months ago when you originally suggested it.

Yes my friend told me as well as another gentleman one night I sounded like Darth Vader. Then another person came on frequency and told me I was bothering him a bit above. I was leaking into 10mhz port, of course during high power tx .
Jay N2GQ

Return to “Protocol 2 Firmware (all radios)”