Hermes Protocol 2 Gigabit firmware for ANAN-10E & 100B

FIRMWARE TOPICS ONLY--non-firmware topics will be MOVED
Forum rules
Until such time as the New Protocol firmware goes into general release, all discussion will be concentrated here.
K0MO

Hermes Protocol 2 Gigabit firmware for ANAN-10E & 100B

Postby K0MO » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi,

When will Hermes Protocol 2 Gigabit firmware for ANAN-10E & 100B be available for download?

Manny K0MO
w-u-2-o

Re: Hermes Protocol 2 Gigabit firmware for ANAN-10E & 100B

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:08 pm

There is some available now, although it is a bit dated:

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Firmware/tree/master/Protocol%202

As for when that will be updated to match that available for the Orion and Orion MKII it is hard to say. Per the last weekly developer Teamspeak conference (open to all), Phil, VK6PH, who has been primarily responsible for the Hermes P2 builds, seems to be busy working on EER amplifier support for P1 and the new Minerva project.

Scott
K0MO

Postby K0MO » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Thank you for your quick reply Scott!

I did try that old firmware long ago. It worked great on my ANAN-100B but it crashed every so often that I had to revert back to P1 for this reason.

I heard Phil, VK6PH saying he was working on Hermes EER amplifier support last Friday.
I hope he could find time to update and release P2 Gigabit firmware support for these radios.

Merry Christmas!

Manny K0MO

w-u-2-o wrote:There is some available now, although it is a bit dated:

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Firmware/tree/master/Protocol%202

As for when that will be updated to match that available for the Orion and Orion MKII it is hard to say. Per the last weekly developer Teamspeak conference (open to all), Phil, VK6PH, who has been primarily responsible for the Hermes P2 builds, seems to be busy working on EER amplifier support for P1 and the new Minerva project.

Scott
k6avp

Postby k6avp » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:49 pm

Been using P2 fw 10.3 on my ANAN-100B for at least a year now and can not remember having any crashes. I do mostly digital (WSJT usually) and have only two problems:
1) On 6m, the preamp fails to be switched in after tx, about every four tx>rx cycle. The preamp will switch back on after one or a few tune level tx blips.
2) Every so often (fairly random, maybe one in 50, maybe mostly after changing bands), a tx will have much wider bandwidth than normal. Opening the setup>audio screen shows the VAC auto-ratio function kind of stuck (large over/under flow counts and ratio far from 1). Toggling one, or both, of the ring buffer auto/manual boxes will fix things until the next time. The majority of my air time these days is on FT digital with WSJT-x and I have a pretty narrow tx - I am running Win10-64b, Thetis 2.6.9 bid 1/4/20 and a 600Hz tx filter - 600Hz gives a tight tx, but is wide enough to avoid attenuation at/near the 500Hz "fake it" shift points.

Return to “Protocol 2 Firmware (all radios)”