ANAN-G2 Shipping Update

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
KC2QMA

Re: ANAN-G2 Shipping Update

Postby KC2QMA » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:13 pm

As of now the G2 100w models are shipping I received my Standard G2 100w last month and it’s working great!

The 1000W G2 are not shipping at this time due to production delays a problem all of the electronics industry is facing lately. If you can’t wait you can order the 100W model or just get a refund using your original payment method.
If you decide to switch to a different model Anan try to contact Apache labs first as that might speed up your order and get a radio to your door quicker.

If you can wait I’m sure the G2 1000W radio will be great and a First in the industry!
Who knows maybe by the time the radio is ready it will be 1500W ;)
Good luck!
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:20 am

Trucker wrote:
amikosun wrote:how to get the money back?
They do not respond to letters...

If you cannot get a response from your emails, you should be able to go to whatever service you used for payment and request a refund through them. There should be information from your payment provider how to do this.
James
WD5GWY

ALMOST A YEAR HAS PASSED!
What return through the provider can be discussed. :shock: :? :?
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:21 am

KC2QMA wrote:As of now the G2 100w models are shipping I received my Standard G2 100w last month and it’s working great!

The 1000W G2 are not shipping at this time due to production delays a problem all of the electronics industry is facing lately. If you can’t wait you can order the 100W model or just get a refund using your original payment method.
If you decide to switch to a different model Anan try to contact Apache labs first as that might speed up your order and get a radio to your door quicker.

If you can wait I’m sure the G2 1000W radio will be great and a First in the industry!
Who knows maybe by the time the radio is ready it will be 1500W ;)
Good luck!

I don't want a 100 watt model. I wanted a 500 watt model. But then they announced that instead of it there will be 1000 watts and that's it... there's silence on it.
administrator

Postby administrator » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:17 am

Hello,

An update was provided via email by Abhi on 28/08/2023, this went to everyone with a preorder:

Dear Valued ANAN-G2-1K Customer,
We hope this email finds you well. We understand that you've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of your ANAN-G2-1K SDR order, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We want to provide you with an update on the status of your order and the steps we are taking to ensure the highest quality product for you.
Issue Causing Delay: The delay in fulfilling your order was caused by an unforeseen issue with a critical component of the amplifier design. Specifically, the DC switch used in the 1000W amplifier (to safeguard against high SWR, high temperature, over/under voltage, etc.), experienced unexpected supply chain challenges. We had initially chosen the BTS500851TMAATMA1 High Current DC switch from Infineon Technologies, but unfortunately, the supply of this part was delayed twice by the supplier. Despite our efforts, we have been informed that the manufacturer has now obsoleted this part.
Solution: To address this setback, we had proactively pursued an alternative plan to ensure the quality and performance of the ANAN-G2-1K SDR. We had designed a backup solution involving a high-current, low-resistance MOSFET-based DC switch version of the Pallet board. This solution has been rigorously tested, and we are in the process of manufacturing the updated PCB design to incorporate this change. Additionally, we are excited to share that we have taken advantage of this time to enhance the amplifier's cooling system. We have replaced the existing heatsink with a state-of-the-art bonded fin heatsink from Wakefield Thermal. This advancement increases heat dissipation capacity by over 300%, therefore, allowing for a much quieter cooling fan and at the same time increasing the transmitter ruggedness.
Revised Timeline: We want to be transparent about the timeline moving forward. We anticipate receiving the updated pallet card within the next 8 weeks, and the upgraded heatsinks are projected to arrive within 6 weeks. With these essential components in place, we are targeting to initiate shipping of the ANAN-G2-1K orders starting October 30th. We assure you that every effort is being made to expedite this process while maintaining the utmost quality standards.
We want to sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this delay. We understand that you are excited to receive your ANAN-G2-1K SDR, and we share that excitement with you. However, please know that our primary commitment is to deliver a product that meets our highest standards of performance, reliability, and innovation. As a first-of-its-kind product, we are dedicated to ensuring that every aspect of the ANAN-G2-1K meets or exceeds your expectations.
You may be aware that the G2-100W model has already shipping for over a month now and since the G2-1K uses the same Saturn platform this time also allows for user feedback on the software and for the development team to iron out the bugs. The development team have already released updated versions of the firmware and Thetis to address some initially reported minor issues. As a result when the G2-1K ships the software will should be quite mature.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Thank you once again for your continued support and understanding. We look forward to delivering the ANAN-G2-1K to you and appreciate the opportunity to serve your SDR needs.
Warm regards,
Abhi
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:03 pm

In fact that same information was posted in this very thread on the same date:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4650&p=26162&hilit=BTS500851TMAATMA1#p26162

Mark
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:42 pm

administrator wrote:Hello,

An update was provided via email by Abhi on 28/08/2023, this went to everyone with a preorder:

We hope this email finds you well. We understand that you've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of your ANAN-G2-1K SDR order, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We want to provide you with an update on the status of your order and the steps we are taking to ensure the highest quality product for you.
Issue Causing Delay: The delay in fulfilling your order was caused by an unforeseen issue with a critical component of the amplifier design. Specifically, the DC switch used in the 1000W amplifier (to safeguard against high SWR, high temperature, over/under voltage, etc.), experienced unexpected supply chain challenges. We had initially chosen the BTS500851TMAATMA1 High Current DC switch from Infineon Technologies, but unfortunately, the supply of this part was delayed twice by the supplier. Despite our efforts, we have been informed that the manufacturer has now obsoleted this part.
Solution: To address this setback, we had proactively pursued an alternative plan to ensure the quality and performance of the ANAN-G2-1K SDR. We had designed a backup solution involving a high-current, low-resistance MOSFET-based DC switch version of the Pallet board. This solution has been rigorously tested, and we are in the process of manufacturing the updated PCB design to incorporate this change. Additionally, we are excited to share that we have taken advantage of this time to enhance the amplifier's cooling system. We have replaced the existing heatsink with a state-of-the-art bonded fin heatsink from Wakefield Thermal. This advancement increases heat dissipation capacity by over 300%, therefore, allowing for a much quieter cooling fan and at the same time increasing the transmitter ruggedness.
Revised Timeline: We want to be transparent about the timeline moving forward. We anticipate receiving the updated pallet card within the next 8 weeks, and the upgraded heatsinks are projected to arrive within 6 weeks. With these essential components in place, we are targeting to initiate shipping of the ANAN-G2-1K orders starting October 30th. We assure you that every effort is being made to expedite this process while maintaining the utmost quality standards.
We want to sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this delay. We understand that you are excited to receive your ANAN-G2-1K SDR, and we share that excitement with you. However, please know that our primary commitment is to deliver a product that meets our highest standards of performance, reliability, and innovation. As a first-of-its-kind product, we are dedicated to ensuring that every aspect of the ANAN-G2-1K meets or exceeds your expectations.
You may be aware that the G2-100W model has already shipping for over a month now and since the G2-1K uses the same Saturn platform this time also allows for user feedback on the software and for the development team to iron out the bugs. The development team have already released updated versions of the firmware and Thetis to address some initially reported minor issues. As a result when the G2-1K ships the software will should be quite mature.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Thank you once again for your continued support and understanding. We look forward to delivering the ANAN-G2-1K to you and appreciate the opportunity to serve your SDR needs.
Warm regards,
Abhi

This letter is not a reason not to respond to our letters at all. I wrote a letter, for example, about replacing the order ANAN-8000DLE MKII HF & 6M 500W SDR with the ANAN-G2-1K 1000W HF & 6M SDR, because earlier it was announced that you need to report to the mail and you will correct the order. As a result, there is complete silence on letters, on any letters. You need to maintain a dialogue and correspondence with buyers.
administrator

Postby administrator » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:29 am

What email are you trying to contact us on please? thanks

amikosun wrote:

Warm regards,
Abhi

This letter is not a reason not to respond to our letters at all. I wrote a letter, for example, about replacing the order ANAN-8000DLE MKII HF & 6M 500W SDR with the ANAN-G2-1K 1000W HF & 6M SDR, because earlier it was announced that you need to report to the mail and you will correct the order. As a result, there is complete silence on letters, on any letters. You need to maintain a dialogue and correspondence with buyers.
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:26 am

administrator wrote:What email are you trying to contact us on please? thanks

I feel for amikosun and others on the poor communication and the AI generated ChatGPT responses from AL. How many do you have? Why not with reply with a name of the "administrator"?

I know one "owner" who put his Andromeda in to be repaired (less than 12 months old) at the end of January 2023 and has been told nothing but lies as to, where his radio is, what was/is wrong, when it will be returned to him. One minute it packed ready for pickup by the courier and a tracking number will follow shortly, 7 weeks later no response. Then being told its in India when it was shipped to Melbourne Victoria for warranty... Complete radio silence.

Email: support@apache-labs.com no one answers anything.

Looks like legal action is next.
73, Phil - VK1HX
administrator

Postby administrator » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:30 am

Hello,

I am personally responding to any questions received on the support email. Omikosun can you please contact us on support@apache-labs.com with your order number.

VK1HX I would be happy to assist you with any queries you may have if you drop us an email at support@apache-labs.com

Regards,

Tony
administrator

Postby administrator » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:24 am

Hello Omikosun,

Were you able to email the order details to the support mail? I have not received anything as yet!

Regards,

Tony

I am personally responding to any questions received on the support email. Omikosun can you please contact us on support@apache-labs.com with your order number.

VK1HX I would be happy to assist you with any queries you may have if you drop us an email at support@apache-labs.com

Regards,

Tony
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:31 pm

Hello Omikosun,

Were you able to email the order details to the support mail? I have not received anything as yet!

Regards,

Tony

----------------------

OK
I will send you a letter today.

Amikosun
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:01 am

Hello everyone! Today I received a response from support@apache-labs.com

anan1k.JPG
anan1k.JPG (52.95 KiB) Viewed 292210 times
Roger GT

Postby Roger GT » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:49 am

As a matter of fact. I got my tracking number today!
Vy 73 Roger DL2YDP
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:23 pm

Roger GT wrote:As a matter of fact. I got my tracking number today!

Great, but how long ago did you order?
Roger GT

Postby Roger GT » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:29 am

I ordered on August 5th, 2023.
I didn't expect such a quick delivery.
Vy 73 Roger DL2YDP
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:36 pm

Dear Valued ANAN-G2 Customer,
please know that our primary commitment is to deliver a product that meets our highest standards of performance, reliability, and innovation.
Warm regards,
Abhi

Clearly it is their primary commitment. :)

G2-Knobs.jpg
G2-Knobs.jpg (43.48 KiB) Viewed 291882 times
73, Phil - VK1HX
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:58 am

administrator wrote:Revised Timeline: We want to be transparent about the timeline moving forward. We anticipate receiving the updated pallet card within the next 8 weeks, and the upgraded heatsinks are projected to arrive within 6 weeks. With these essential components in place, we are targeting to initiate shipping of the ANAN-G2-1K orders starting October 30th. We assure you that every effort is being made to expedite this process while maintaining the utmost quality standards.
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:11 pm

W4WMT wrote:
administrator wrote:Revised Timeline: We want to be transparent about the timeline moving forward. We anticipate receiving the updated pallet card within the next 8 weeks, and the upgraded heatsinks are projected to arrive within 6 weeks. With these essential components in place, we are targeting to initiate shipping of the ANAN-G2-1K orders starting October 30th. We assure you that every effort is being made to expedite this process while maintaining the utmost quality standards.

Keywords being "we are targeting to initiate shipping of the ANAN-G2-1K orders starting October 30th"

Mark
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:28 pm

I received an email from Abhi today, saying the first batch of Anan-G2 1k will be shipped in 3-4 weeks. :roll:
Just for Xmas...
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:52 pm

Hi all,
Just a quick update to let you know that we are about 3-4 weeks away from shipping out the first batch of the G2-1Ks, if you have received this email your order will ship in this batch!
It has taken slightly longer than anticipated to get all the modules ready, some sub-assemblies such as the LPF are quite time consuming to test as we have discovered, each section has to be manually tuned using a VNA to ensure minimum loss and SWR on all bands.
Since it’s the first batch of the G2-1K our team has worked on we are being extra careful to make sure everything works as intended.
The higher capacity PSU for the 1000W Power output will ship with your G2-1K if you have ordered one, in case you need to add it to your order please wait till we contact you once your order is ready to ship.
Please note that we will start sending out the final invoices once the factory releases your order for shipment.
Thank you for your patience.
Regards,
Abhi

does any of you know anything about this power supply?
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:12 am

amikosun wrote:
Hi all,
Just a quick update to let you know that we are about 3-4 weeks away from shipping out the first batch of the G2-1Ks, if you have received this email your order will ship in this batch!
It has taken slightly longer than anticipated to get all the modules ready, some sub-assemblies such as the LPF are quite time consuming to test as we have discovered, each section has to be manually tuned using a VNA to ensure minimum loss and SWR on all bands.
Since it’s the first batch of the G2-1K our team has worked on we are being extra careful to make sure everything works as intended.
The higher capacity PSU for the 1000W Power output will ship with your G2-1K if you have ordered one, in case you need to add it to your order please wait till we contact you once your order is ready to ship.
Please note that we will start sending out the final invoices once the factory releases your order for shipment.
Regards,
Abhi

does any of you know anything about this power supply?

I believe that it was the external 48v power supply to run the initial ANAN 8000DLE MK2? 500w radio they were building before changing it to the G2-1K.
73, Phil - VK1HX
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:30 pm

I suggest any one (in VK at least) looking to purchase a new G2 should consider the following experience of one owner dealing with Apache Labs warranty standards and service. This could extend further than just VK.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4873
73, Phil - VK1HX
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:10 am

FACEPALM

radiotx

Postby radiotx » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:37 pm

Roughly how long is the wait for an ANAN-G2 w/o screen? Thx
AC9PA

Postby AC9PA » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:45 pm

Ok here is my thoughts on G2-1000
We will not have it by Xmas in any numbers if any .
Heard they are tuning band filters by hand with VNA. . Definitely not the way you want to mass produce something. Might not be true and I seriously doubt it. What a pain for quality control!
Heatsink new design. Heck it might not work ! Then new fan to keep it cool.
Ok then there’s the MOSFETs new design with a 1000 watts of RF going hopefully out of the radio and not floating around in the radio.Hihi Think most of us know computers and radios don’t get along . Computers making all that RF noise and radio hearing it . Then radio Tx all that RF (and in this case it’s a lot ! ) It’s will be amazing if the computer don’t lockup like a jailhouse!
I’m thinking they’re probably still working on a prototype yet trying to make sure that it doesn’t destroy itself in a few weeks of operation. What a disaster that would be !!!
Think my order was somewhere around number 55 I would not care if they moved me to 100 as 100 has a lot better chance of working without modification! Quality control should be much better by then too. You brave souls that want the radio now might want to think about the pain you might be suffering. I know I have spent hours and hours trying to get the 7000 to work! Not just once but many times . Think I have bought and sold 5 Anan radios . Keep going back to them ! That open source software is just great ! Thank you to the software guys .
So if Tony or one the the Anan people read this I would like to be moved back on the the list ! Hihi probably won’t hear that very often!
Thinking there might be a train wreck! ( Is that a light at the end of the tunnel? No that’s a train !)
Bless you brave souls that want it first ! Hihi
73s AC9PA Byron
PS I think next summer they will be shipping. Think there’s still a lot on there plate.
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:09 pm

As for date I look at it this way...Aug 28 they were estimating 63 days out....Oct 31 28 days out...so we are converging on zero ETA.
Assuming linear progression that would be Dec 17th....but it may not be linear :-)

Date ETA ETA Days
28-Aug 30-Oct 63
31-Oct 28-Nov 28
Mike W9MDB
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:21 pm

This topic is to discuss shipping updates, not solve problems with delivered equipment.

The discussion of Roger's issues has been moved to Roger's original topic on the problems he is experiencing:

https://community.apache-labs.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4866
qst

Postby qst » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:18 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been with ApacheLabs for several years and I have had 4 Anan transceivers. The last one is DLE7000 MKII. On October 18, I ordered the G2-100W and sent the prepayment. They promised delivery in 3 weeks. To this day I have no answer when I can expect delivery. It's a bit sad that I don't receive specific information. I understand that ApacheLabs may have problems, but customer contact is insufficient. Does anyone of you know what the current waiting time is for the delivery of G2/100?
73's
Slawomir SP6DLO
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:02 pm

Last update was Oct 31st -- seems if you didn't see this you aren't in the first batch...I'm holding my breath now since it's 26 days from this last update...

And I quote:

Mike W9MDB
N3LK

Postby N3LK » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:27 pm

I ordered my ANAN G2-100W on Sept 24 and received this note (after sending a status request) on 10/26 :

"" Thank you for your email,

Your order is in production and we will be in touch once it is ready to ship, we expect to ship in about 10-12 business days.

Thank you for your patience,

Regards,

Tony

Support Team""

It is now 11/27 and still nothing!! NO communications from Apache Labs!!!

Return to “Apache Labs News”