ANAN-G2 Shipping Update

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
amikosun

Re: ANAN-G2 Shipping Update

Postby amikosun » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:54 am

N3LK wrote:
It is now 11/27 and still nothing!! NO communications from Apache Labs!!!

I paid for the transceiver last year in December and am still waiting... and you are just a month old and already worried....

read the posts here on the forum that were earlier. You'll be surprised!
qst

Postby qst » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:29 am

I ordered G2/100W without display on October 18, 2023. I was promised shipment in 3 weeks. Now I have received information that I will receive an invoice this week and the G2 will be shipped next week. I believed these assurances and sold my transceiver to buy the G2. Now I'm without a radio and I'm worried about what's next. Will I be QRT for the entire next year? I am sorry that Apache-Labs support's assurances about the order completion date are untrue.
Slawomir
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:53 am

"qst" (LOL) : having only one TRX and selling it before getting the new one isn't very smart. I bought

ANAN 10
ANAN 100
ANAN 7000 DLE

and some daughterboards from Apache Labs. My experience is, that when you get the invoice and pay it, you get the stuff within 1-3 weeks depending on customs clearance in your country.

Volker
qst

Postby qst » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:46 pm

Hi Volker,
I trusted ApacheLabs because I am their old customer. I paid $1,000 when ordering and I'm waiting for an invoice for the entire amount. It was supposed to be this week and tomorrow is Friday. I would like to receive the radio before Christmas. Maybe Santa Claus will try and I will get it quickly. I'm counting on ApacheLabs now. they promised.
Slawomir
qst

Postby qst » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:00 pm

Today I received an invoice for G2. I immediately paid the amount stated. I hope the G2 ships soon. Best regards, ApacheLabs support.
Slawomir
W9HH

Postby W9HH » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:30 am

I wanted to do a follow up to my original post. I ordered a G2 without the front panel on October 6th and was excited to see the final invoice today on 12/2/23. The wait was a bit longer than originally promised, but not terrible. Thank you Tony in support for providing updates and answering my questions. Looking forward to having a new rig in the shack. -73 Steve W9HH
Kp4car

Postby Kp4car » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:17 pm

Yesterday I received this email

Dear All,

I want to provide an update regarding the G2-1K:

In our extensive burn-in tests, it was discovered that when utilizing a single LDMOS device, the linear operation is effectively limited to 700Ws. While PureSignal corrects some non-linearity, it is apparent that the PA becomes saturated. To address this, we have transitioned to Dual ART1K60 devices. The Amplifier Pallet card was designed to accommodate both single and double LDMOS configurations.

During burn-in testing, the T94 cores in the LPF whilst fine for SSB/CW operation heated up during digital modes at 500W or higher, altering the permeability and shape of the LPFs. We resolved this by switching to larger T-130 cores, resulting in cooler operation and increased duty cycles. The updated LPF board can easily handle 1500W SSB/CW and 700Ws for Digital Modes.

Another issue arose with external DC supply, Even a 4 feet long DC supply cable was causing a voltage drop and affecting PureSignal operation. By incorporating the DC supply within the chassis, the G2-1K can now operate from 100-250v AC and the voltage drop at high currents has been resolved. The internal PSU, controlled via a CAN bus, allows for operation in both low power mode (40V DC and 800Ws) and high power mode (53V DC and 1500W) at optimal efficiency.

The display unit has been upgraded to 7 inches for improved visibility of critical parameters even from a distance. These changes required a chassis redesign, which is now in production with the contract manufacturer. I will share the 3D view of the chassis soon, along with production unit images in a few weeks.

These changes have required a redesign of the Chassis, see below (I will share the production unit pictures as soon as available):

A white rectangular object with a black screen

Description automatically generated

These enhancements have transformed the radio into a Legal Limit rig, necessitating a price increase to $5495.00 for all NEW Orders. For those with an original ANAN-8000DE MKII preorder or a G2-1K preorder with a purchased power supply, there will be no additional costs, and we will Honor the preorder price. If a power supply was not purchased, we will Honor your preorder purchase price, however, there will be a $399 charge for the internal power supply upon shipment.

Our team has been working with the Contract Manufacturer to provide the modified chassis as soon as possible. We have also commenced modifications of the Pallet and LPFs.

The anticipated ship date is now 19th February 2024. I apologize for the delay, but these changes ensure a more robust product with legal limit power output. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Abhi
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:19 am

I have been waiting for a transceiver since December 12, 2022. Now its release is postponed once more. Development and production errors are off the scale. I think it's time to ask for a refund(
I don't want to wait any longer...

How do I return the advance payment?
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:06 pm

Again, I write letters to support - and silence in response! :evil:
frivolous people
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:21 pm

Per another thread in this forum, it's possible the factory's email address has been hacked. If that's the case then their email server may have been taken offline until the problem is resolved.

Mark
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:54 pm

There's no doubt about that Mark.
It was egregiously hacked!
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:22 pm

If this is the case, then it would be logical to indicate information about this here in the forum header and specify another backup email!
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:12 am

amikosun wrote:If this is the case, then it would be logical to indicate information about this here in the forum header and specify another backup email!

Yes, that would be the logical thing to do. Otherwise, we have absolutely no way to communicate with Apache-Labs. The last time I emailed them, I found myself in a long-drawn-out series of emails with fake-Tony from the UAE !!!
N3LK

Postby N3LK » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:31 pm

Finally Got My blank faced G2!! This was a painful experience, but the new G2 is worth the wait! Ordered with $1000 deposit late September. Apache Communication on progress was awful! Final payment request was about 3 weeks ago (12/4), shipped a week ago, delivery ($195 FedEx charge) 12/19 was delayed for 3 days in customs, 1st impressions: much improved over my 7000DLE, faster, greatly improved NR (try NR2), audio is wonderful, spectrum resolution much improved. I have not tried the stand-alone piSDR application (was only intending to use Thetis). Bottom line be patient . . . by definition . . ." able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious!"
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:05 pm

N3LK wrote:1st impressions: much improved over my 7000DLE, faster, greatly improved NR (try NR2), audio is wonderful, spectrum resolution much improved.

Not sure how you are achieving those results. The RF hardware, ADCs, DAC and audio CODEC are identical or effectively the same as the 7000, and the Thetis software is exactly the same. Noise reduction, audio and spectral resolution performance is determined by the Thetis software, not the hardware.
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Placebo effect :-)
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:32 pm

W4WMT wrote:Placebo effect :-)

++
sm0jzt

Postby sm0jzt » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:52 am

Hi there follow OM:s and Apachelabs-folks

I have been looking at Apache-Labs for some time now. I even had a nice ANAN-10 some years ago.

Now Im considering getting myself a -G2 - TRX.
When reading all them comments and concerns in this group I'm getting somewhat weary whether I should be placing my money into Apache-Labs and then waiting a long time for the shipment.

I think that it would be appropriate to get some decent and correct information from Apache-Labs.

Or am I just spoilt with other radio-vendors having a clear and concise way of communicating ??

Tilman
SM0JZT
Tilman D. Thulesius
http://radio.thulesius.se in Swedish
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:54 pm

sm0jzt wrote:Hi there follow OM:s and Apachelabs-folks

I have been looking at Apache-Labs for some time now. I even had a nice ANAN-10 some years ago.

Now Im considering getting myself a -G2 - TRX.
When reading all them comments and concerns in this group I'm getting somewhat weary whether I should be placing my money into Apache-Labs and then waiting a long time for the shipment.

I think that it would be appropriate to get some decent and correct information from Apache-Labs.

Or am I just spoilt with other radio-vendors having a clear and concise way of communicating ??

Tilman

The thread I have linked below would put me off for life, and unless you have a retailer that can provide support imo I would stay well clear. There are normally two sides to every story, but the thread below is not a good read at all. The 'powers that be' manage to take the time to post on this forum about fraudulent activities (rightly so) but fail on all other communication fronts it seems. It is very sad that they can string the guy along like this, and for so long, without someone from Apache-Labs resolving the issue.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4873
Last edited by ramdor on Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA5KKT

Postby KA5KKT » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:00 pm

Can Apache Labs / Anan be bought out, reorganized and / or relocated?
sm0jzt

Postby sm0jzt » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:34 pm

Thank you so very much.

I today got interesting feedback from one of the developers where he outlined that the organisation seems to have a number of cracs , that need to be mended before at least my confidence in putting my money on a G2.

To bad, THe ANAN-10 I had some years ago was nice. And also the G2-architecture seems to be interesting.
SM0JZT
Tilman D. Thulesius
http://radio.thulesius.se in Swedish
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:46 pm

I try to keep in mind that, generally speaking, 1) there are two sides to every story, and 2) we typically only get an earful of one side of the story.

Mark
w3ub

Postby w3ub » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:58 pm

I agree there are two sides to each story ... I have refrained from commenting although I wanted to many times ... I would love to hear their side.

There is no doubt there customer service and customer communications abilities are non-existent. Not bad, not poor, non-existent. No doubt, at least in my mind. This is no way to run any company, ham radio or not.

I had a G2 on order in the beginning, after many delays asked for a refund. I asked multiple times over many months. Finally had to file a complaint with my credit card company. Had I not done that, I don't think I would have never gotten my deposit back.

I will never put down a "deposit" on a radio with them ever again. I love my Anan, but come on, these guys don't deserve to stay in business, if only there was a little competition things might change.

Just my two cents ...

Doug
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:19 pm

I am writing to them that they would return the money - in response, silence. More than a YEAR has passed since I paid the advance - of course I did not receive the transceiver and I also look to return the advance...

what should I do?
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:34 pm

amikosun wrote:I am writing to them that they would return the money - in response, silence. More than a YEAR has passed since I paid the advance - of course I did not receive the transceiver and I also look to return the advance...

what should I do?

contact your solicitor / cc company / report it to the police and get a case number / spam every public forums with details / take it up with your bank fraud department
tony77

Postby tony77 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:17 am

w-u-2-o wrote:
N3LK wrote:1st impressions: much improved over my 7000DLE, faster, greatly improved NR (try NR2), audio is wonderful, spectrum resolution much improved.

Not sure how you are achieving those results. The RF hardware, ADCs, DAC and audio CODEC are identical or effectively the same as the 7000, and the Thetis software is exactly the same. Noise reduction, audio and spectral resolution performance is determined by the Thetis software, not the hardware.

Greetings all.
Regarding the tales of "I paid my deposit, have not received the radio" it really does seem to me that there must be more to these situations than is being made clear here. Over the last 18 months I have ordered both a 7000DLE-II, and recently a G2 (the no-screen version). Both of these arrived within three months of being ordered, immaculately packed and in perfect condition.

HOWEVER, what has been an issue both times is that the invoice included with the packaging has been rejected by Customs/Border Control (here in New Zealand), and I have needed to go back to Apache Labs by email and phone to request a full commercial invoice. Without such an invoice the courier company (at least in the case of Fedex and the G2) threaten to return the item to the sender after just 5 days!

Then regarding the "1st impressions" quoted above, it is also my immediate impression that the receive performance of my G2 is superior to my 7000. I have since sold my 7000, so I can't now verify that the ADCs and DACs are literally identical, but there are certainly a lot of system components in the G2 that are different to the 7000. Really wishing now I'd hung on the 7000 a bit longer so I could do more A/B testing, but I had a buyer waiting for the 7000.
F6EPT

ARE YOU STILL ALIVE Abhi?

Postby F6EPT » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:55 pm

Good evening Abhi,

What's going on, don't you receive or do you answer my messages?

I still have no news from the Nuc that you told me to have sent me in mid-November.

My Anan 7000 will not work for Christmas.

I wish you a happy holiday season.

Sincerely

Yves F6EPT

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Fwd: NUC Anan 7000dle
Date : Mon, 18 Dec 2023 21:26:14 +0100
De : Yves <f6ept@wanadoo.fr>
Pour : Abhi A <abhiarunoday@gmail.com>

Good evening Abhi,

I send you my last message which should not have reached you, concerning the Nuc which I have no news.

I wish you a good Christmas.

Sincerely

Yves F6EPT

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Re: NUC Anan 7000dle
Date : Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:24:59 +0100
De : Yves <f6ept@wanadoo.fr>
Pour : Abhi A <abhiarunoday@gmail.com>

Hello Abhi,

It is December 15 and I have no news of your NUC sending you informed on November 29.

Can you give me the follow-up number of the package so that I can locate it.

I finally hope to be able to hear my Anan 7000 for Christmas, it will be a year that I paid it.

Thank you in advance and I wish you a happy holiday season.

Sincerely,

Yves F6EPT

Le 29/11/2023 à 10:25, Abhi A a écrit :
> Hi Yves,
>
> I have been offline due to a problem with my eyes, if you email support@apache-labs.com in future you will get a response ASAP, NUC has been mailed out to you,
>
> Regards,
>
> Abhi
>
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 8:00 PM Yves <f6ept@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello Abhi,
>
> What's going on, you haven't answered my messages since November 13?
>
> You still haven't sent me the NUC of my Anan 7000dle.
>
> I am starting to be worried about the reliability of Apache Labs.
>
> Please answer me and do the necessary for my Nuc.
>
> Cordialy
> Yves F6EPT
>
vk1hx

Re: ARE YOU STILL ALIVE Abhi?

Postby vk1hx » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:51 pm

F6EPT wrote:Good evening Abhi,

What's going on, don't you receive or do you answer my messages?

I still have no news from the Nuc that you told me to have sent me in mid-November.

My Anan 7000 will not work for Christmas.

I wish you a happy holiday season.

Sincerely

Yves F6EPT

>

Yves,

It's a common line AL uses, "its been shipped", "It will be shipped next week", "Its being packaged for shipping" etc, yet not tracking information gets provided and complete radio silence when you start to question where your delivery is.

I know its not ideal, however maybe cut your losses and either buy a better spec NUC and put in or by-pass the NUC altogether and connect it to a good PC, reduce the heat inside the Anan etc etc. :)
73, Phil - VK1HX
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:33 pm

I have the same question :!:
rdwing

Postby rdwing » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Just add another poor experience to the list...as a reminder I purchased a 7000 DLE Mk2. Many months later a 7000 DLE Mk2.5 arrived, no communication. Showed up defective, eventually AL promised a replacement -in writing-, but it was "out of stock" and would be sent ASAP. Months and months go by, eventually I open a case with paypal which AL fights, I tried to work with my CC to reclaim funds, but AL weaseled their way out of that one too...

So in the end, buyer (me), left with a junky 7000 and AL is laughing all the way to the bank.

Return to “Apache Labs News”