Shipping Updates

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
KA1GXR

Re: Shipping Updates

Postby KA1GXR » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:16 pm

Spam Cop appears to be an add on for your browser or email App. Find where to turn it off long enough to get your ANAN email to go. Perhaps it is on Apache end, A review on CNET says SPAMCOP is error prone and may falsely flag good IP addresses.

Tom
KA1GXR
KA5KKT

Postby KA5KKT » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:32 am

7000DLE MkII - ordered 12/15/20 - arrived at destination in Kentucky, US 02/03/21
wt9s

Postby wt9s » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:21 am

KA5KKT wrote:7000DLE MkII - ordered 12/15/20 - arrived at destination in Kentucky, US 02/03/21

Mine arrived the same day, ordered about 2 weeks earlier. Did you have to pay an import duty to DHL?
KX4M

Postby KX4M » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:21 pm

For those of you who bought through HRO, I did hear today from a rep that units are expected this month.
k1sre

Postby k1sre » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:02 pm

What is the shipping update for the andromeda? Will I receive a heads-up prior to completion of the build.

Mark R K1SRE
rbduck

Postby rbduck » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:38 pm

From my experience Yes, they do send out an email prior to shipping. In my case all their emails went to Spam and I didn't see them. The company will have to give you an ETA on the Andromeda...
Ruben
NB4R
Apache-Labs Anan 7000DLE MKII Black -- Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 -- Windows 11
KP68

Postby KP68 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:46 pm

KX4M wrote:For those of you who bought through HRO, I did hear today from a rep that units are expected this month.

I ordered through them. I placed order on 11/16/2020! I called them on Friday 2/12/ just to check in and they didn't have any information for me. I sure hope you're right.
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:56 pm

I ordered mine Dec 11 and they have told me it will be shipping Feb 19th.

Contact support@apache-labs.com

Mike W9MDB
Mike W9MDB
KX4M

Postby KX4M » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:58 pm

KP68 wrote:
KX4M wrote:For those of you who bought through HRO, I did hear today from a rep that units are expected this month.

I ordered through them. I placed order on 11/16/2020! I called them on Friday 2/12/ just to check in and they didn't have any information for me. I sure hope you're right.

Me too! I ordered mine on 12/10. Apparently the sales reps in the stores don't know the status, but their buyer in California does.
KP68

Postby KP68 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:23 pm

KX4M wrote:
KP68 wrote:

Me too! I ordered mine on 12/10. Apparently the sales reps in the stores don't know the status, but their buyer in California does.

Got ya. Really appreciate the update bud! Thanks..
KF4HR

Postby KF4HR » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:19 am

Thanks for the update on HRO orders.

KF4HR
KF4HR

Postby KF4HR » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:28 am

I have a friend who is considering placing an order for a 7000DLE MkII Black. Does anyone know if he would get it faster by ordering it direct through ANAN, compared to a US reseller?

KF4HR
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 am

My order was Dec 11 through Apache and I just paid the rest of my invoice Feb 18th. But paypal says "Your recipient should have the money by March 21, 2021"
So it sounds like payment is being mailed by slow boat...
I followed up with Apache to see what they have to say -- don't know if they'll ship without money in hand.

Mike W9MDB
Mike W9MDB
KF4HR

Postby KF4HR » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:05 am

Hi Mike. Sounds like it might be a toss up as to whether it's better to order an ANAN direct or through a US distributor. I'm surprised to hear it would take over a month for Paypal to transfer all the funds.

In my case I ordered a 7000DLE MkII through HRO during the first week of January. HRO has already fully charged my credit card so I assume the full payment was forwarded to Apache, but no word about my order yet.

KF4HR
vk7mr

Postby vk7mr » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:06 am

HI All,
Placed Order for 7000DLe around first week of Feb, Any I dear on a rough Shipping Date ..

Matt
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:03 pm

My Dec 11 order from Apache has just shipped but still waiting for tracking info.
They said it's under clearance with DHL.
Mike W9MDB
Mike W9MDB
KP68

Postby KP68 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Wow, good for you! I still haven't heard anything about my November 16th 2020 HRO order. Thanks for the update.
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 am

FYI...I now have a tracking number on my unit coming from Australia....
So there may be shipments heading to HRO too....
Mike W9MDB
Mike W9MDB
KF4HR

Postby KF4HR » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:24 am

Does Apache Labs ever respond to emails concerning orders?

KF4HR
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:30 am

Yes...
support@apache-labs.com

Mike W9MDB
Mike W9MDB
Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:47 am

Well, I see about a 50% response rate.

KE4WY Jim
KF4HR

Postby KF4HR » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Thanks for the responses. I've emailed ANAN several times over the last 6 weeks about my January order. So far, no reply.

The recent ARRL Review of the 7000DLE MkII indicated a technical issue was found and reported to Apache Labs, and if I remember correctly the ARRL returned the test unit and the issue was corrected. Perhaps technical changes are part of the ordering delays. I've also heard their Contract Manufacturer in Melbourne went out of business due to the impact of the pandemic, and pending orders have shifted production to the factory in India. In any case it would be nice to at least get a response from the factory to get some estimate on orders; 3 months, 6 months?

KF4HR
KX4M

Postby KX4M » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Apache Support reports more delays for HRO orders. I could get my money refunded (it's 100% up-front payment with HRO), but I really don't have another option. I can't support the Flex model. I just can't. I also can't justify a K4 (both of those options also involve long lead times). I've made a career out of supporting open source and scrappy companies that can beat the big guys at their own game. I'm an experimenter, I don't need a perfect appliance, and I'm not afraid of figuring out workarounds to janky problems. Especially when I can get things like dual receivers and features like Pure Signal for under $3k.

I also know that since the AKM factory fire in Japan last October, every supply chain that uses DAC/ADC devices has been hurting, on top of everything else 2020 did to the global supply chain.

But yeah, I'm impatient. Last year I waited 22 weeks for a custom BBQ pit. Like BBQ, ham radio is a hobby, and the wait isn't doing me irreparable harm. I do think we could all do with better communications, however.

There. I just talked myself into sticking it out for another month.

- Craig, KX4M
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:50 pm

Craig,

It's a shame there's no way for me to upvote your post. Last year I ordered a black 7000 for the very same reasons you stated. My XYL made me sell my Flex before ordering the Anan so I didn't even have a radio while waiting for delivery. But I kept repeating those reasons to myself and was somehow able to survive until my radio arrived.

Trust me, the rewards have been well worth the wait! Stay the course, man!

Mark
VK2DLP

Postby VK2DLP » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:58 am

I posted a response I got from my e-mail but it seems to have been deleted for some reason. So now I will put the whole e-mail chain in this post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello John,

Your order is slotted for shipment next week,

None of your below queries are a bottleneck for us at the moment,

Apache Labs has been in Business for over Eight years now and we have not had even a single customer who has not received their ordered product, please rest assured that our supply chain is well established, the current delays are across the industry due to the pandemic,

Regards,
Apache Labs Support
3 Pershing Way,
Point Cook, VIC, 3030
Australia.
Email: support@apache-labs.com

Sent: Thursday, 25 March 2021 3:15 AM
To: support@apache-labs.com
Subject: Delivery Information

I placed an order for an ANAN 7000DLE MKII on 29 January 2021. My order number is AC-xxxx. Can you give me any idea as to when this might ship? Given the lack of any current information I have the following questions:

1. Is your contract manufacturing capable of delivering fully populated and tested PC boards in sufficient quantity to meet your current backlog?

2. Is your Australian assembly business still working or has it failed due to Victorian business lock downs?

3. If your Australian assembly is no longer available what provisions have been made for assembly of systems elsewhere?

4. Given your current manufacturing capability what will be the delay in fulfilling your existing backlog?

These questions need to be answered openly so that amateurs who have placed their faith in you by depositing funds for future deliveries don't feel like they have been duded.

Regards,
John Proctor B Sc. EE
VK2DLP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little more transparency would be a good thing. It would stop speculation, innuendo and rumours. We are all grown people (hopefully) and can appreciate the issues that the semiconductor industry is having at the moment. When even auto manufacturers have had to wind back production due to component shortages it would not be a surprise if Apache Labs had to stretch out deliveries a bit.

John Proctor B Sc. EE
VK2DLP
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:20 am

"A little more transparency would be a good thing." -- John

"Your order is slotted for shipment next week, None of your below queries are a bottleneck for us at the moment, Apache Labs has been in Business for over Eight years now and we have not had even a single customer who has not received their ordered product..." -- Apache Labs

If that's not 'transparent" enough for you, then maybe I just don't understand the term, because that's what I'd call pretty transparent. What other information are you expecting (demanding?) from them?
VK2DLP

Postby VK2DLP » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:03 am

You completely misread what I meant. Transparency is not an e-mail to an individual! These forums provide a mechanism for self help between users and it can also provide a channel for the company to keep their users and potential customers informed. The number of posts concerning deliveries in this thread which seemingly go unanswered proves my point. Delivery information is scarce and that creates a vacuum which potentially gets filled with misinformation. Transparency prevents idle speculation.

John Proctor B Sc. EE
VK2DLP
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:48 am

The absence of any official reply to any specific post in this or any other thread proves nothing.

The Apache Labs website clearly states the lead time for orders is 8-10 weeks. You ordered your radio on January 29, so you're still within the lead time. Your email to Apache Labs speaks of "the lack of any current information" but they gave you all the information you needed before you ever placed your order. They do post updates in this forum from time to time. So the "information vacuum" you speak of doesn't exist.

Apache Labs has been in business for years so there shouldn't be any question as to whether they're legit. They are a tiny company so a very few employees each have a LOT of responsibility. If you call the Customer Service Desk the CEO will answer the phone (I know this from experience). If they took the time to respond to all the whiners on all the fora they wouldn't have time to make any radios!

Any "misinformation" and "idle speculation" in any forum isn't something they should have to address.

This is my last post on the subject, I'll not reply to any further posts.

Mark
administrator

Postby administrator » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:16 pm

This post has run it's course and is being locked,

Everyone awaiting shipment will be contacted once their orders are ready to be shipped out, we completely understand that we would all like our radios in our hands as soon as possible and let me assure you that everyone in the team is working to make that happen!

Rest assured our supply chains are well established, component lead times have increased and everyone in electronics manufacturing is experiencing delays, having said that we are placed well to ship all orders within the stipulated lead times.

Thank you for your business!

Abhi

Return to “Apache Labs News”