Controller V2 Preorders

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
administrator

Controller V2 Preorders

Postby administrator » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:27 am

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/105 ... er-V2.html

Introducing the V2 Controller for the ANAN/OpenHPSDR Radios

V2 runs PiHPSDR developed by John Melton, G0ORX,

Christoph van Wüllen, DL1YCF has added several features such as PureSignal, Diversity capability, CW enhancements, MAC OS support & Midi.

V2 is a perfect companion for the ANANs and are Plug & Play out of the Box!

This is a preorder with units available for shipping in 8-12 Weeks.

Features & Specifications:

- Support for two independent receivers each with Panadapter/waterfall

- Gigabit Ethernet supports Protocol1 and Protocol2 firmwares

- All ANAN/OpenHPSDR hardware supported

- PureSignal Predistortion support

- Diversity reception Support (for dual ADC Radios)

- All Knobs/encoders (except Power Button & Tuning knob) can be assigned functions to suit the user

- Solid Metal Machined Tuning Knob

- Hardware futureproof - SBC can be upgraded in the future

- Linux OS (Raspbian Buster)

- Ports: 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, HDMI and USB-C ports

- 12-15v DC @ 2.5A

- Dimensions & Weight: H 14.7 CM x W 26.7 CM x D 3.7 CM, Weight 1.2Kgs Approx
administrator

Re: Controller V2 Preorders

Postby administrator » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:31 am

Apologies, we overlooked mentioning that the PCB for the controller has been designed by Kjell Karlsen, LA2NI.

For those looking for bare PCBs they will be available shortly.

Regards,

Apache Labs Support
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:54 am

Any update to this? If I counted correctly it is now 7 weeks since this was announced.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:46 am

OK, so I am trying again: WHEN WILL I SEE MY CONTROLLER?

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
administrator

Postby administrator » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:19 am

Hello Erik,

The enclosures have been delayed by our sheet metal enclosure provider, we are looking at about 4-6 weeks before we can commence shipments.

Apologies for the delay.
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:16 am

OK, thanks for the update.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
NC3Z

Postby NC3Z » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Any update on the V2 ?
Gary NC3Z
administrator

Postby administrator » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:33 am

A few quick updates on the V2 controller, we have an ETD of early September delivery of the enclosures and electronics from our Contract Manufacturer, I would like to thank everyone for their patience.

John, G0ORX and Christoph, DL1YCF have been churning out updates and a recent change in the GUI is the gradient fill for the Pan-adapter, here are a couple of videos below, apologies for the quality...these were taken using my phone.

Abhi
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:59 pm

Good news, indeed!
73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:58 am

Any update on when they will ship?

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
W1xyz

Postby W1xyz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:48 pm

While the wait continues, I notice that "MAC OS support" is mentioned as a feature. Can anyone elaborate on this? Now that i have both of my 6400s on MACs, it certainly would be great to get my 8000 on one too.

de w1xyz
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:58 am

"While the wait"... and the lack of updates from Apache Lab continues....

COULD WE PLEASE HAVE A STATUS UPDATE?

Quoting: " we have an ETD of early September delivery of the enclosures and electronics".

OK, it is now October 19th at my location. How long does it take to assemble the controllers? Is anything else missing?

The bottom line question: WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO HAVE AN ACTUAL CONTROLLER IN MY HAND??

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
administrator

Postby administrator » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 am

Hi Eric,

It seems being in the middle of a Pandemic has affected timelines with most businesses, we just heard back from the CM who is shipping the enclosures to us this week, assuming a ship time of a week, we should commence shipments in 2 weeks,

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Apache Labs Support
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:02 pm

W1xyz wrote:While the wait continues, I notice that "MAC OS support" is mentioned as a feature. Can anyone elaborate on this? Now that i have both of my 6400s on MACs, it certainly would be great to get my 8000 on one too.

de w1xyz
I suspect that the mention of "MAC OS support" is a mistake in the advertising copy. When you use the controller there is no external personal computer required, running any type of OS. That's because the controller is itself a PC, the processor being a Raspberry Pi and the operating system being Raspbian (Linux).

I further suspect that the reference to Macintosh support stems from the fact that someone has probably compiled piHPSDR, the application that runs on the controller under Raspbian, for the Mac. It's likely someone has compiled linHPSDR for the Mac as well. But neither case is at all relevant to the controller and its capabilities.
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:37 am

Hello Apache Labs Support,

Thank you for the update. I am eagerly waiting.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
pa1hr

Postby pa1hr » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:57 am

Is the User Manual of the Controller V2 available to download?

TNX es 73, Hans PA0Q.
--

Hans Remeeus (PA0Q/OE3JRC)
https://pa0q.nl
"Communication is about people, the rest is technology"
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:18 am

administrator wrote:Hi Eric,

It seems being in the middle of a Pandemic has affected timelines with most businesses, we just heard back from the CM who is shipping the enclosures to us this week, assuming a ship time of a week, we should commence shipments in 2 weeks,

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Apache Labs Support

Hello again Support,

Are we going to see the controllers this year? Did the enclosures arrive? Anything else missing?
A little communication in lieu of the actual device seems appropriate. Updated ETA???

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
airman1952

Postby airman1952 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Sorry to tag on to this -- has anyone ordered a 7000 DLE from their promo of $1000 down and the balance due when the radio ships?
My question to the group is what do they mean in reference to 4 to 6 weeks lead time? Is that before they start a build, or when they
begin to ship? I placed an order Oct. 19th, so the the 19th of this month begins the 9th week since I've ordered. I've sent two emails
directly to the support email address, hoping to get an idea of a ship date, but have not received a response to either email. The last
time I have heard from them was when I wanted to pay in full for the radio and the sent the invoice to make that happen. I'm not
necessarily in a hurry for the radio, but just curious as to when I should get concerned on a time frame. I understand the Covid situation
can mess things up, but would hope to hear from them for a status update.
73'
Gary W7TRP
administrator

Postby administrator » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Hi All,

Here are some updates on shipping timelines:

1. V2 Controllers commence shipping from the 16th of December

2. ANAN-7000DLE MKII orders are expected to ship from the 21/22nd of December

3. Andromeda orders should commence shipping in Mid February

component lead time have exponentially increased across the board and coupled with social distancing requirements at the workplace has let to this increased wait time for your radios, we are adapting as we go along and expect to shorten our lead time.

It has been quite a challenge for everyone across the board, including our suppliers/contract manufacturers/logistics partners and we would like to thank you for your patience, it is much appreciated.

Abhi
airman1952

Postby airman1952 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:33 am

Thank you for the update! Much appreciated. Stay safe.
Gary W7TRP
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:49 am

Thanks for the update Abhi.

I think we all understand that delays can happen due to the pandemic. It is the lack of information that has been a bit concerning.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
administrator

Postby administrator » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 am

shipping updates:

We have received the Assembled PCBs from our CM this Friday and our team is now working on the assembly of the 7000DLEs and the V2 controllers, the factory will remain open with limited staff through the vacation except for 25/26th/31st of December and the 1st of January 2021.

Our offices are closed for the Holidays and will reopen on the 4th of January 2021.

V2 Controllers commence shipping from the 22nd and we will continue shipping them through the holidays till all back orders are fulfilled.

ANAN-7000DLE MKII commence shipping from the 22/23rd and we will continue shipping out back orders through the holidays and expect to have them all fulfilled in the first half of January.

You will receive your tracking numbers once your order ships, for the ANAN-7000DLE preorders you will receive a paypal invoice once the order is ready and subsequently your tracking information once the order ships.

Wishing everyone Happy Holidays and please stay safe!

Apache Labs Support
pa1hr

Postby pa1hr » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:02 am

administrator wrote:shipping updates:

V2 Controllers commence shipping from the 22nd and we will continue shipping them through the holidays till all back orders are fulfilled.

Apache Labs Support

Thank you for the update! Would it be possible to put the User Manual of the V2 Controller on the download list of your website?

73, Hans PA0Q.
--

Hans Remeeus (PA0Q/OE3JRC)
https://pa0q.nl
"Communication is about people, the rest is technology"
wt9s

Postby wt9s » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:25 am

I have a question about digital modes and the V2, how do you do it? Install and run software on the controller? Or are there external connections available?

Thanks

Jay - WT9S
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Jay,

Remember that the controller is a computer in its own right, a Raspberry Pi, running Raspian Linux. So you have some options.

One option is to install the digi mode stuff right on the controller Pi and configure it just like you would on any other Pi. You'll have to share the small display with both piHPSDR and the digi mode software. Fldigi and WSJT-X are available for Linux and will run on the Pi. Not sure how well it will all work, the Pi is quite busy running piHPSDR by itself. Never done it myself, and I'm not familiar with how to move audio data between app's on Linux but I do know it is possible and lots of folks do it.

Another option is to send audio data from the controller Pi over a network connection to another computer. Again I know this is possible but it's not something I've done personally.

I know that some people find the controller form factor compelling, but the radio is a lot easier to run and does a lot more on Windows IMHO.

Scott
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:33 pm

I imagine it will be possible to plug in an HDMI display. I know the RPi2 could only provide the same image to both HDMI and LCD touchscreen, but the RPi4 may not have that restriction.

Understanding how to send the audio data across a network connection to a different computer would be a good solution but I'm not a linux whizz either. I'll ask around.
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
wt9s

Postby wt9s » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Thanks Scott,

That's about what I figured. I might try to build one, I have a 7 in touch screen. But I might just make it headless and run it with VNC.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:16 pm

wt9s wrote:Thanks Scott,

That's about what I figured. I might try to build one, I have a 7 in touch screen. But I might just make it headless and run it with VNC.

Why would you make it headless? The entire point of the controller is that it has buttons and knobs. Without the buttons and knobs you might as well just run Thetis on Windows, indeed you'd be a lot better off.
wt9s

Postby wt9s » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:23 am

I'm thinking of a way to run the radio in an RV where there may not be a place to sit by the radio, and not needing to have an extra undesired windows laptop along for the ride. Of course I could build it with knobs and buttons with the option to run it by VNC if necessary. What I'd really like though is a good Mac client :)
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:48 pm

wt9s wrote:I'm thinking of a way to run the radio in an RV where there may not be a place to sit by the radio, and not needing to have an extra undesired windows laptop along for the ride. Of course I could build it with knobs and buttons with the option to run it by VNC if necessary. What I'd really like though is a good Mac client :)

Reading between the lines, it seems like what you want to do is run the radio from your Mac. If that's the case, and your plan is to use VNC (or RDP, etc.) to put the user interface on your Mac, then you'd probably be better off setting up a headless Windows mini-PC to run Thetis. That way you get the greatest functionality. I have a headless Win10 mini PC that I use as a server and it's not problem at all to use it via RDP or VNC.

Return to “Apache Labs News”