hb9trt wrote:Hello together
This is my first post here. I have some additional information to my now nearly or completely finished project.
1. The case files works well, but need some rework by yourself. Because I only made 2 cases one for me one for another OM, I did not correct some small errors with some wholes which are not correct. Also the wholes for my additional components I have to drill. The correct Frontpanel File is "vorne.fpd" the other frontpanel files are not for this case. It's for the panel version, where the transceiver, in my case the Odyssey 2, is in another case away from the panel connected with some cables. This version is not finished yet.
2. My ody2 project also consists of the additional bands 4m,2m and 70cm inside. Also 23cm is now possible but needs a redesign of my if boards.
3. 10 MHz reference is built-in or can be mounded external. There's a gps Antenna connector on the backside. The signal will internaly distributed to all boards with reference input like ody2 and the transverters.
4. The actual if switch with add on Board can handle 3 transverters. If 4m is not needed 23cm can took its place. All is directly controlled by thetis. No need to manually switch to the additional bands. They are only available on RX1. RX2 is an independent RF entry primary for use with diversity.
5. Because I don't get an answer from Abhi about the dual encoder knobs I design my own ones and let them professionally print. They looks and feel very good.
For the vfo knob I took the one from elecraft k3. Also the stand.
6. I built in an Intel nuc 10th generation, i7, 16gb ram and 512gb ssd. Also windows is optimized for maximum performance. It's planed to charge it with a 11th generation nuc if it's available.
So I get a second thunderbolt out for additional peripherals or a second monitor.
7. A built in Bluetooth soundboard is for one of thev2 built in speakers and the external speaker connectors on the back side. One internal speaker is connected to the sound output if the ody2 board.
8. I also made a fan controller which controlls the 2 fans which are inside the case for maximum silence and cooling power. 2 sensors measure the temperature of the pa and in the travsverter section. Controlled by the software Argus.
9. It's a need to modify the Andromeda Controller for using with the ody2. With other sdr board's I think also. It is designed for the Andromeda by Kjell and Lawrence. Bit it could be modified for other projects as you see
10. I also changed the fet im the pwm control for display brightness with a 470 ohm resistor. With the fet I had a flickering display. This change need a correction in the source code of the Andromeda Controller. Otherwise the direction of the encoder was inserted.
11. I use the cheap ball bearing optical encoder instead of the encoder which is originally for the Andromeda Controller. This needs also some changes in the source because of the higher resolution of this encoder. But the haptic us excellent with this encoder better than the other one (I can't remember the type).
The other one we use for the panel version because of the smaller size
12. For power distribution I made another extra board with a 20A relay. This switch on the pa and all other components by pressing the on/off button on the Andromeda Controller.