Andromeda???

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
laurencebarker

Re: Andromeda???

Postby laurencebarker » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:34 am

I suspect that was when I posted changes onto github from a while ago. We haven't touched the electrical or software designs for a long time. Kjell did make some component changes for the PCB in the bottom left hand corner because of availability, and I think something had to be moved to make it more manufacturable. This was all last winter. That will be where the differences from the front panel design file crept in, but I think Abhi posted the updated file here. The design isn't being actively changed at the moment - we think it is complete.
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
DH1KLM

Postby DH1KLM » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:45 am

@Aivars
My VFO knob is from Yaesu FT857. As already said the frontpanel was cheap. I paid with some other aluminium parts 20€ or so.
73 de Sigi / DH1KLM
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:53 pm

For panel, that is dirty cheap 8-) I would like to get same price ;) Will try to check locally.
YL2GVC 73!
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:00 pm

I would like to ask to interested around 8-) I am definitely going to build Andromeda ! Small side effect... If order PCB, lowest quantity will be 5. Are there folk around interested??? I'd prefer to send to EU. More quantity are welcomed, but I am not sure about interest.
Other thought :roll: I would like to reuse IC-761 VFO knob, but reroute PCB will be hell of job for me. If there enough interested, who would like to use BIGGER VFO knob? Let's go 8-) Especially if there anybody skilled, I would pass this part. Otherwise it will ask from me too much time and expensive mistakes which I can't afford :roll: Redisign front panel was quite easy :lol:
YL2GVC 73!

Return to “Apache Labs News”