FIRMWARE TOPICS ONLY--non-firmware topics will be MOVED
w-u-2-o

New current protocol (Protocol 1) firmware for ANAN-100D version 5.8 released

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:14 pm

From Joe...

All,

Angelia_v5.8 (protocol1) firmware is available for download from

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Firmware

This current-protocol (protocol1) version upgrades to Quartus Prime Lite v16.1, replaces all megafunctions to QPL v16.1 versions, implements peak detect for FWD_PWR (AIN1) and REV_PWR (AIN2) to settle SWR readings in software, and fixes a bug in the external PTT IN (pin 13 on the accessory jack of ANAN-100D).

73, Joe K5SO
dmalcolm

Re: New current protocol (Protocol 1) firmware for ANAN-100D version 5.8 released

Postby dmalcolm » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Since there has been some confusion lately (at least on my part), is this a public Beta release or a final release of v5.8? This sounds like it does not require Thetis and will work with OpenHPSDR.

Thanks
Dan - K4HSQ
w-u-2-o

Re: New current protocol (Protocol 1) firmware for ANAN-100D version 5.8 released

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Dan,

This is not the new protocol firmware, this is current (old) protocol firmware. As such it works with PowerSDR mRX and not Thetis.

The major changes are that a) it has been compiled in a new version of Quartus (the Altera development environment), and b) has the other improvements and bug fixes as noted in the first post.

As with any new release, it is possible that there may be new problems. New versions are tested on a VERY small number of radios before release, and thus there is always a chance, some would say a good chance, of finding out that it does not properly function (make timing) on everyone's radios. However the only way to know if it is an improvement, or otherwise, it to try it.

I, for one, don't seem to need the stated improvements. I don't rely on accurate VSWR readings from PowerSDR, nor do I use the digital inputs. So, while I therefore don't need to upgrade, I may try it anyway just to see how it runs. :)

73!

Scott
dmalcolm

Postby dmalcolm » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Scott,
As I suspected. I am not always clear on whether a release is for the general public or not. Apparently this one is. I'll go ahead and download it and apply it when I get time. Thanks.
Dan - K4HSQ

Return to “Angelia Firmware (100D)”