Critical Update for all radios shipped after Dec 2018

FIRMWARE TOPICS ONLY--non-firmware topics will be MOVED
administrator

Critical Update for all radios shipped after Dec 2018

Postby administrator » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 am

Hi All,

I would suggest that all ANAN-7000DLE/MKII and ANAN-8000DLE/MKII users update their firmware:

https://apache-labs.com/download_file.p ... ds_id=1017

This firmware addresses an issue with the Mini Circuits Attenuators used in the radio, it seems that the new batch of attenuators do not like the higher clock used for controlling them (although within manufacturer spec), this effects all above mentioned models shipped since December 2018.

Thanks to Phil, VK6PH for a quick resolution and Rick, N1GP for porting the fix to Protocol 2, both versions I believe will be uploaded shortly to the repository.

This update will completely resolve the problem,

Abhi
ea3aqr

Re: Critical Update for all radios shipped after Dec 2018

Postby ea3aqr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi,

I've installed the new firmware in my Anan 7000DLE.

After installing the new firm Thetis was unable to discover my radio... tried to roll back using HPSDR Programmer P2 without success, no radio was detected. Then checked my radio with OpenHPSDR and it worked (why protocol 1 worked ¿¿??, it should be a P2 firmware).

Then I've decided to use HPSDR Programmer P1 to to install protocol 2 firmware "P2 Orion_MkII_Protocol_2_v1.6_pre1.rbf".

The program was able to discover my radio and started erasing firmware but never programmed it.

Righ now I have a bricked radio, no IP response to my pings, and no radio detected on Thetis, Open HPSDR or SDR Console. Not able to detect radio via HPSDR programmer P1 or P2 or using HPSDR Bootloader.

What can I do now?

Please help me, and excuse me my poor english.

Jordi
EA3AQR
New call sign EA3CL
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:56 am

Jordi,

The link posted above is P1 firmware. That is why Thetis and the P2 programmer won't work with it.

Use Bootloader to put whatever firmware you want into the hardware. Detailed instructions are here:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2333

If you follow the instructions exactly you will be successful.

Scott
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:27 am

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately HPSDRBootloader is unable to discover my radio... I'm stuck at point 9 and can't go further.

Bootloader doen't shows my board mac address.

My radio had a fixed IP (192.168.1.101) but it doesn't longer responds to my pings.
New call sign EA3CL
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am

PROBLEM SOLVED!

For no reason yesterday the update changed my radio IP from 192.168.1.101 to 10.10.30.10

After discovering that my radio was on a different subnet it was easy to change the IP and reload again the P2 firmware via bootloader.

Anyway thanks for your help!
New call sign EA3CL
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:39 pm

bought my anan on jan 2019.
received with firmware 2.3

downloaded and installed this new suggested update.

1) file name is metis_orion_mkii_v2.6rbf - Once updated powersdr setting
show ID: orionMKII
Ver:2.4!!! why?

2) first impression: i had volume to 0 and an amplified speaker connected directly to L-channel.
the speaker with 0 volume has power noice feedback. if increase the volume i still can feel it. Without powered speaker all is ok.
if i use speaker through VAC all is ok.

3) i cannot go back to firmware 2.3
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:49 pm

The filename and the reported version number do not match. This is a known bug. You are running the latest.

The speaker output jack on the back is the output of a 3 WATT AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIER. DO NOT USE IT WITH A POWERED SPEAKER. Also, the wiring of the speaker jack is crazy. You must ONLY connect a speaker coil across the tip and ring contacts. DO NOT CONNECT ANYTHING TO THE SHIELD OF THAT CONNECTOR.

If you want to use a powered speaker pull the audio from the headphone jack.

There is no reason for you to go back to 2.3. However, if you want to, please read all of the "sticky" threads here:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewforum.php?f=18
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 am

ok NOTED, all Clear thanks

thanks

w-u-2-o wrote:The filename and the reported version number do not match. This is a known bug. You are running the latest.

The speaker output jack on the back is the output of a 3 WATT AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIER. DO NOT USE IT WITH A POWERED SPEAKER. Also, the wiring of the speaker jack is crazy. You must ONLY connect a speaker coil across the tip and ring contacts. DO NOT CONNECT ANYTHING TO THE SHIELD OF THAT CONNECTOR.

If you want to use a powered speaker pull the audio from the headphone jack.

There is no reason for you to go back to 2.3. However, if you want to, please read all of the "sticky" threads here:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewforum.php?f=18

Return to “Orion Mk II & III Firmware (all 7000, 8000 & Andromeda Variants)”