RemAud with Thetis

dieseldawg

RemAud with Thetis

Postby dieseldawg » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:56 pm

How have RemAud users connected the RemAud Server with Thetis? Is it possible to get virtual audio cables between them for receive and transmit audio? If so, what are the details to set this up?

Greg N8MW
w-u-2-o

Re: RemAud with Thetis

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:07 pm

Greg,

Are you entirely unfamiliar with virtual audio software, i.e. are you asking a fundamental question, or are you asking about RemAud specifically?

RemAud should see any virtual audio device available on the system, so from that perspective there should be no special steps required to interface RemAud to the Thetis VAC interface.
dieseldawg

Postby dieseldawg » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Scott, you answered my question, I think. I am understanding from your post that RemAudio needs to be connected to Thetis via virtual audio cables. I am not very familiar with virtual audio, but know that VoiceMeterPotato is a common program to create virtual audio connections. I've heard that VoiceMeterPotato is not easy to use. Do you suggest it, or some other easier software? Either way, I will have to learn how to use it.

Greg
N8MW
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:09 pm

IMHO Voicemeeter is the best solution and well worth any learning curve. There are a great many tutorials for it on YouTube.
dieseldawg

Postby dieseldawg » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:32 pm

Thanks Scott. I was able to get Voicemeeter to connect Thetis and RemAudio, after watching the online tutorials. I do think now that Voicemeeter is a bit of overkill for this purpose, although it works well. I did get Virtual Cable software from the same Website and found it very easy to use from the start. Using two instances of the Virtual Cable software, I was also able to connect Thetis and RemAudio with good results.

I appreciate your help.

Greg
N8MW
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:46 pm

:)

Return to “Remote Operation Over The Internet”