Can't connect to my 7000DLE MKII after rebooting computer

Can't talk to your radio? This is the place to ask!
K1LSB

Can't connect to my 7000DLE MKII after rebooting computer

Postby K1LSB » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:20 am

I've had my radio for 2 weeks now, been running Thetis since new (updated to v2.7.0 a few days ago, been running nicely) and decided to reboot my computer this morning. Windows performed an update during the reboot (not sure if that's relevant to my problem) and now I can't connect to the radio any more.

When I invoke Thetis and push the Thetis power button a window pops up saying "Error starting SDR hardware, is it connected and powered?" (radio is connected and powered).

I rebooted the computer again, no change.

I tried Discovering with HPSDRProgrammer_V2_nopcap, it never discovers the radio (but is that possibly because HPSDRProgrammer_V2_nopcap won't recognize Protocol 2?).

I tried connecting with HPSDRProgrammer_web.exe, it never discovers the radio either.

I tried disabling the firewall, no difference.

The computer's IP address hasn't changed.

The red lights on the radio front panel are behaving normally.

The green lights on the Anan's Ethernet port appear to be working normally, as are the corresponding lights on the port on back of the computer.

I disconnected the Ethernet cable from the radio, turned off the radio, disconnected power from the back of the radio, waited 60 seconds, plugged power back in and rebooted the radio and plugged the Ethernet cable back in. No change.

Note: I have the radio connected directly to the computer's Ethernet port, with no router or switch between them. The computer is connected to our home router over WiFi.

I'm a relative newbie with networks so there may be a setting that the Windows update changed that I'm not aware of.

Can anyone help me please?

TIA,

Mark K1LSB
w-u-2-o

Re: Can't connect to my 7000DLE MKII after rebooting computer

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:45 am

Rob has the ultimate guide to fixing these problems: http://www.w1aex.com/anan/anan.html#network

However, since you are using Protocol 2, HPSDR Programmer will not work. You must use HPSDR Bootloader to change the IP on your hardware unit.

Bottom line: if you are using two NICs (and your are, one WiFi, the other wired), you must set static IPs on your wired PC port and ANAN as specified by Rob's site, and set the network metric on the two NICs as specified by Rob's site.
K1LSB

Re: Can't connect to my 7000DLE MKII after rebooting computer

Postby K1LSB » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks Scott, I got it running again with help from Rob's guide.

The problem was caused by the Windows Update, it disabled the DHCP on the PC's Ethernet port.

Thanks again for the assistance,

Mark

Return to “Network Connections & Network Hardware”