New 7000DLE mkII dropping off network

Can't talk to your radio? This is the place to ask!
rbduck

New 7000DLE mkII dropping off network

Postby rbduck » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello all! I am new to Anan products. I'm having a right up front network issue with my transceiver. I'll try and give all the facts.
1. Per the User Manual I downloaded PowerSDR OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.4.8. I rant the file and . it on my computer letting everything finish
before I went to the next.
2. I connected a good and tested CAT 5E cable from my network switch (Cisco) to the Anan.
3. I turned the radio on and opened HPSDR Setup screen and the General and Hardware/ Config tabs.
First I noticed there was no ANAN address information in the bottom right of the screen.

I gained access to my Xfinity router. On the CONNECTED DEVICES page I noticed the ANAN 7000 was listed, but in the disconnected area and was grayed out. I could show it as connected on that screen by power cycling my Cisco router. It would stay connected for just a few minutes then disconnect. I tried several cables with the same results. On the Infinity Router screen the MAC address matched the ANAN. The IP address
10.0.0.100 that was obtained by DHCP. I've included a shot of my PowerSDR Setup screen.

One question is pertaining to the unmarked Bootloader switch on the bottom of the ANAN. By lifting the ANAN up front and looking underneath, which direction is BOOTLOADER "ON"? Right or Left? I'm not yet familiar with the bootloader software, but I have a feeling I will be soon.

Also what is the blinking light on front of the radio with a half filled circle below it? It flashes about three times per second.

In the mean time I'm searching and reading the document "The ANAN Ethernet Connection: DHCP or Direct Connection with Static IP?" referred to
in this forum. There is a much to discern there. If there are any suggestions as to what I need to look at and hopefully point out the obvious to me.

My network is set up like this. I have an Xfinity cable modem/router. Made by Arris. Out of one of it's ports I have an eight port Cisco switch. I have the ANAN and the HP, Windows 10 computer both connected to the Cisco switch. I don't particularly care for the Xfinity setup. Many things you do on their router are performed on their website. Their website talks to the router and performs the function you are after.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks.

Added Note: I can ping the ANAN at 10.0.0.100 but the router is not seeing it.
Attachments
20-12-2019 11-49-14.png
20-12-2019 11-49-14.png (31.05 KiB) Viewed 5048 times
Ruben
NB4R
Apache-Labs Anan 7000DLE MKII Black -- Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 -- Windows 11
w-u-2-o

Re: New 7000DLE mkII dropping off network

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:00 pm

The bootloader switch may be in the wrong position. Move it to the other position and cycle power on the unit. The unit boots at power up with either the normal firmware build or the bootloader build depending on the position of the switch.

Is this a brand new unit? If so, it should be set to obtain its IP address via DHCP right out of the box. If it's a used unit, you may need to manually set the IP address mode back to DHCP. Let us know if it's new or used.

The blinking LED is the firmware heartbeat. It just lets you know that the FPGA booted.

Do you get a link light on the network port on the ANAN? Do you see the traffic light blinking occasionally?

I would encourage you to maintain the connection via the switch/router and allow the unit to pick up it's address by DHCP. PowerSDR should automatically discover the unit if the unit is successfully getting an IP address from the DHCP server in your router.
rbduck

Postby rbduck » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:26 pm

Yes, I got it. It's still not showing up as a connected device on the Xfinity modem/router. I can ping it so I just clicked the Power button and bang! there it is. The sound is beautiful. I'm assuming that since it's receiving the bootloader switch is in the "OFF" position?

OK, first hurtle over. Now I start moving one page at a time. One helpful video at a time. I do listen to advise and take it seriously. I've been playing with and SDRPlay RSP1a for a year and thought it was time to dive in. I'll try not to drive you guys crazy.

Thank you Scott for the help.
Ruben
NB4R
Apache-Labs Anan 7000DLE MKII Black -- Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 -- Windows 11
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:29 pm

rbduck wrote:I'm assuming that since it's receiving the bootloader switch is in the "OFF" position?
That's correct. You should probably label the switch so that you don't make a mistake in the future.

Return to “Network Connections & Network Hardware”