Hardware Versions

Can't talk to your radio? This is the place to ask!
VK6BMW- Richard

Hardware Versions

Postby VK6BMW- Richard » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:51 am

Nice to see this Forum in place, many thanks to the management team for their efforts, very much appreciated.
I have been reading the Yahoo group postings for some months now since I purchased my ANAN 200D and have gleaned a lot of insight into the trials and tribulations of ownership of hardware for this great new frontier.
To date I have managed to manage most of what is necessary for interfacing, updated software and firmware and recovered from "bricking" and used the 200D on most days.
However, seeing changes have been made in hardware over the years I have wanted to confirm what version of hardware I have to align my operations with info provided by other users. I have found nothing on the ORION PCB to indicate what version it is. I suspect I have V1 as it was supplied in Oct 2014.
Searches on various repositories and Web based locations have not helped.
Can someone please assist with a link, list, images or anything to help fill this gap in my knowledge.

Rgds
Richard
VK6BMW
VK6VW
W1AEX

Re: Hardware Versions

Postby W1AEX » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi Richard,

I'd like to be able to tell you the answer to your question but I'm afraid that I have struggled with the same thing. I have an older ANAN-100 that has either the Rev 15 or Rev 16 PA board, but... there are no labels or indications on the board itself that tell me which one it is. I'd sort of like to know how a Rev 15 differs from a Rev 16 but it looks the secret might not ever be revealed!

Hope you find the answer!

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Rob--you could check the board against the schematics:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2336

Richard--not sure it makes any functional difference what revision Orion board you have. Do you have some specific concern?

Scott
VK6BMW- Richard

Postby VK6BMW- Richard » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:25 am

Checking the board against the schematics is quite a task and requires the ANAN 200D to be out of service for quite some time HI.
The question came about when I read that there were some differences in the relay switching interconnects for Pure Signal use between different versions of the hardware. Hence the question.. "What version do I have?"

I will revisit the original info and probably just check that part of the circuit.....time required !

Rgds
Richard
VK6BMW
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:53 am

Ah, now I think I understand your query. I had thought you were concerned about the revision of the Orion board. The version of the Orion board (or Angelia, or Hermes) does not matter in this. It involves which version PA/RF board you have. This is the second time this question has come up so I've made a "sticky" post in this forum that describes how to determine which version you have: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2387

73!

Scott

Return to “Network Connections & Network Hardware”