First time using Puresignal

dynamicfusion

First time using Puresignal

Postby dynamicfusion » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Hello, I am a new user of a 7000 mkii and have read in the manual I need a dummyload in order to initiate the PS enabling process. If I don't have a dummyload at the moment, should I just leave puresignal off? No way to get it working alternatively?

Thanks kindly.
w-u-2-o

Re: First time using Puresignal

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:10 am

I don't know what manual you read, but you do not need a dummy load to utilize PureSignal. Any manual that says that is wrong.

If you are not running with an external amplifier, then simply turn it on. As long as your mic and other audio levels are set so that you are hitting 0dB ALC (use the "ALC Group" meter mode) or a little bit more then PureSignal will automatically do it's thing.

You can also use two-tone ("2TON") to test PureSignal. Just be certain that in Setup > Tests the "Use Drive Power" option is checked.

You should turn on DUP so you will see a true representation of your transmitted signal. This will be the signal as received by RX1 ("dup" as in "duplex", as in "full duplex") from the internal PureSignal coupler during transmit.

Finally, see this topic to obtain the correct settings for the TX DUP display: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3932
dynamicfusion

Re: First time using Puresignal

Postby dynamicfusion » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:37 am

Works great! Turned it on and the amp view looks reasonable. thanks!

Return to “PureSignal Operations (PowerSDR & Thetis)”