Signal coherency loss with Thetis, Orion MkII and PureSignal2

db8gk

Signal coherency loss with Thetis, Orion MkII and PureSignal2

Postby db8gk » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi everybody,

So I'm a new owner of a Anan 7000DLE MkII. I've updated the firmware to protocol 2, v1.9 (which was a bit of a nuisance, if you're running Hyper-V on your machine, make sure to disable the virtual network switch), and I'm running Thetis v2.6.9 with it.

Without PureSignal, I'm seeing very reliable operation, e.g. using JTDX in WSPR-2 mode, for days without having to restart or touch anything.

This dramatically changes when I enable PureSignal 2, though. It works fine for a while, until all of a sudden during transmission the signal returned by the ADC turns into complete noise. After halting the transmission, I keep seeing complete noise instead of a proper signal on the receive side. Now resetting the network connection between Thetis and the Orion, by pushing the "Power" button inside Thetis twice, brings the situation back to normal.

Did anybody else ever observe this behaviour? How could I provide sensible information to help debug this issue?

Andreas
w-u-2-o

Re: Signal coherency loss with Thetis, Orion MkII and PureSignal2

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:00 am

This is not a PureSignal inherent problem. It is a firmware timing closure problem. You need to find a version of the Protocol 2 firmware that works well on your specific serial number. See this topic:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3192
db8gk

Re: Signal coherency loss with Thetis, Orion MkII and PureSignal2

Postby db8gk » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Ah, ok, thanks for the pointer. I have updated the firmware and it seems to behave fine, let's see how it does in the long term.

Return to “PureSignal Operations (PowerSDR & Thetis)”