7000dle TX problem

ik7ytt

7000dle TX problem

Postby ik7ytt » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:01 am

I was setting the TX for pure signal.
all was fine with rtx. then i connect the pa and check als signal with pa.
all was fine.
i made a qso. during qso i saw that pure signal green light/feedback and the wave form of my tx was changing.

also i saw that final power of amp when down.
i set them max power to drive amp at 10w (amp used is exper 1,3k using tuner)

now the max power i have from anan is 2w.

what made wrong? what is the issue on anan that don't give me more then 2w?
w-u-2-o

Re: 7000dle TX problem

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:49 pm

My apologies, but I am having a difficult time reading your English :(

I moved this topic because it has nothing to do with firmware, and it has nothing to do with the 7000 specifically. If I'm reading things correctly it seems like a PureSignal problem.

I do not understand what "als signal" is?

Do you have a high power coupler on the output of the amplifier? If so, what model coupler?
Is there any attenuator in line between the coupled output of the coupler and the radio? If so, how much attenuation?
Do you have the coupled output attached to the Bypass input on the radio?
Do you have "Bypass on TX" turned on in setup?
Do you have "ATT on TX" turned on in setup?
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:My apologies, but I am having a difficult time reading your English :(

sorry will try to explain better

I moved this topic because it has nothing to do with firmware, and it has nothing to do with the 7000 specifically. If I'm reading things correctly it seems like a PureSignal problem.

more then pure signal i think is the pa stage of the anan 7000. because the problem is with and without the PA-a Function

I do not understand what "als signal" is?

Do you have a high power coupler on the output of the amplifier? If so, what model coupler?

i have no coupler for now. just use the software PS-A

Is there any attenuator in line between the coupled output of the coupler and the radio? If so, how much attenuation?

nothing

Do you have the coupled output attached to the Bypass input on the radio?

NO

Do you have "Bypass on TX" turned on in setup?

i didn't make any changing from original setting. ust activated PS-A function

Do you have "ATT on TX" turned on in setup?

i didn't make any changing from original setting.

i make the MIC setting. with power set to zero. then i increase the power to 10w. i activate the PS-A function and all look fine.

then i started a qso. i was having 10w from rig and 1kw from the expert 1,3k.

after a while all changed. now the maximum power of the anan is maximum 2w.

hope is more clear now
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm

While you can run PureSignal and an external amplifier without an external coupler, in such a case you will only be linearizing the radio, not the external amplifier.

Without the external amplifier in line, and with PureSignal OFF, can you achieve the rated 100W output from the radio? If not, have you performed a PA calibration (Setup > PA Settings > PA Gain)?

See also:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2471&p=3041
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 am

w-u-2-o wrote:While you can run PureSignal and an external amplifier without an external coupler, in such a case you will only be linearizing the radio, not the external amplifier.

this i know. next step will be use external coupler.

Without the external amplifier in line, and with PureSignal OFF, can you achieve the rated 100W output from the radio? If not, have you performed a PA calibration (Setup > PA Settings > PA Gain)?

yes i made all , i realize only after checking everything again that the power supply decided to give only 12v instead of 13,8 and so the anan 7000 could get enouth power to work correctly.

i fix the power supply and now all work perfectly.
also setup better the PS-a so i have very good audio, just sometime but i think this depends on the PC need few seconds to have PS-A correction if i made quick quanging in band

See also:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2471&p=3041

thanks for all
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:46 am

only one more question on the tx part. on the setting i have , i did't select but have s-attenuator that is activated when when i go in tx.

normally in general->Options is not enabled. but when go in tx is activated with -6db att.

thanks
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Not sure what it is doing right now based on your description. However, for PureSignal to work properly, more specifically for the auto-attenuate function of PureSignal to work properly, you want to turn "ATT on TX" ON. Under those conditions it is normal to see the main console control switch to S-ATT during TX.

Return to “PureSignal Operations (PowerSDR & Thetis)”