How to ground Anan A-10E?

k3rw

How to ground Anan A-10E?

Postby k3rw » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:52 am

I have a 200D and see a ground lug on it. But I don't see one on my A-10E. Do I ground it from a screw on the case? From the ribbon connector? Don't ground it? :shock:

The Anan 10E manual I have says in Chapter 2 : Connect a suitable ground cable to the rear panel ground terminal and to a suitable RF ground, in
accordance with good amateur practices.

Was a ground lug present on the A-10, but not the A-10E, by chance? I'm just not seeing how I am supposed to do that.

Also, I read online that my 200D and 10E both exhibit a Pin1 problem, with respect to chassis grounding of the audio. I was curious if anyone has 'fixed' either of those, mostly how you did it.

Thanks,

Greg, K3RW/KH7
w-u-2-o

Re: How to ground Anan A-10E?

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:48 am

Yep, put a lug under a screw is pretty much all you can do. Or you can add your own ground lug.

If you want to get super serious about grounding you can also go through the exercise of removing any paint on the case where the ends meet the main extrusion so that there is good contact between the two.

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”