Help getting 7000/Thetis send band data

Falcon

Help getting 7000/Thetis send band data

Postby Falcon » Thu May 13, 2021 7:02 pm

greetings all I am looking for some help/ideas getting Array Solutions Bandmaster 5 to talk to 7000DLE MKII/ Thetis.
For now i just want to switch antennas manually but need band data to the Bandmaster 5 switch controller!!.
Thank you in advanced.
Be safe.
N8LLC-John.
n8llcgeneral@gmail.com
w-u-2-o

Re: Help getting 7000/Thetis send band data

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu May 13, 2021 7:43 pm

John,

I don't have one of these gadgets, but looking at the manual for it online it would appear that it has a USB serial "COM" port type connection. If that is correct then:

First realize that your "radio" is the combination of both your PC and the hardware that you buy from Apache, and that all CAT connections come from the PC, not the Apache hardware. Indeed, most of the "radio" is in the software, not the hardware.

1. Turn on the BandMaster, get a USB cable and attach the BandMaster to your PC. It should install a COM port automatically.

2. Set radio type in the BandMaster to Kenwood, and set the baud rate to 38400.

3. In Thetis, go into Setup > CAT Control, choose any of the four CAT instances available to you under the main CAT tab or CAT+ tab (they are all equivalent), and assign it to the COM port and baud rate your provisioned for your BandMaster.

Let us know if any of that does not work.

Scott

P.S. moving this to the correct forum...

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”