Anan 10 Transmit Problem

jlturner

Anan 10 Transmit Problem

Postby jlturner » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:06 pm

Hello,

I have a older gray case Anan 10 that I have had for many years. When I transmit on 40 through 6 meters, the second I transmit it will lock the display up. This happens even with the 10 watt pa disabled. On 160 meters through 40 meters it seems less touchy but will lock up at times there also. The transmit display locks (freezes) and you have to shut the Anan 10 off and restart the software to get it back. I can run the 10 watt pa on 40 with about 2 watts out and get by. 80 meters it will freeze up once in a while and also on 160 with PA on line and 10 watts out. This issue takes place while going into a dummy load as well. I have tested it with a dummy load and antenna with no deference.

It has done this sense I have owned it but have mainly used it as a receiver. I have tried emailing support with no luck.

I wonder if anyone on the forum has run into this issue before. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Jon
AB2EZ

Re: Anan 10 Transmit Problem

Postby AB2EZ » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Jon

The symptoms suggest that excessive RF is getting into your computer via (for example) the USB connections, or various audio cables, or the AC wiring. I suggest that you try using various methods to block the RF... like installing ferrite cores on cables that run between the ANAN and the computer... including AC connections. Don’t forget cables between AC adapters and things like a USB hub.

Stu

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”