OC Control For BCD Devices

Joe

OC Control For BCD Devices

Postby Joe » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 pm

I built a two module amp (W6PQL Devices & Design) some time back with BCD auto band-switching capability along with remote control from PC ability. You can view the original build of the amp on my QRZ (WD5Y) page, I have made some changes and improvements since then. I have been using DDUTIL with a parallel port up until now for the auto band-switching but wanted to stream-line this for the ANAN direct control. You will see a 500ma in-line fuse in the diagram and I would not try this without that protection for your radio, build at your own risk. I have this in use and all works very well, no issues. Someone else may have a better solution and might possibly post here. The variable 1k pot. is there for a voltage adjustment of the divider circuit. Everything is installed in the small DB9 plastic cover assembly with the variable pot. mounted on top, small holes drilled in the cover to run the pot. connections through, it is a tight fit but can be done with heat-shrink and tape for parts insulation. You will see some RCA connectors, these are feed back inputs to my wave-node WN2 where I monitor the BCD - TTL inputs on the WN2 screen. I am attaching the diagram and some photos for clarification. I hope this helps.

73's
Joe
WD5Y
Attachments
Screenshot - ANAN BCD Control.png
Screenshot - ANAN BCD Control.png (751 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
ANAN BCD Interface Photo.JPG
ANAN BCD Interface Photo.JPG (2.28 MiB) Viewed 2341 times
BCD CONTROL SCHEMATICS - FEBRUARY 2021.pdf
(98.7 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”