How to remove the cover on 7000DLE MKII black version?

K1LSB

How to remove the cover on 7000DLE MKII black version?

Postby K1LSB » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 pm

I know that sounds like an unbelievably stupid question, but I can't find any information on how to open the case on my radio. I'm having a serious problem with PureSignal acquiring and maintaining a "lock" and I want to inspect the internals to see if maybe something is loose inside the radio (every single connector on the rear panel was ridiculously loose when the radio arrived last week, quite disturbing!).

TIA,

Mark
W1AEX

Re: How to remove the cover on 7000DLE MKII black version?

Postby W1AEX » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi Mark,

While I have not ever opened up one of the 7000DLE MKII Black versions of the ANAN line of radios, there are a lot of similarities with the older ANAN rigs that used a slightly smaller version of the black edition form factor. You might find what you need by looking at the case disassembly instructions for the ANAN 100D. Note that there are some obvious differences but I suspect there's a lot in the article that would help you. Others who have poked around with the Black Edition radios will no doubt jump in and help out.

http://anan-100d.wikidot.com/100d-disass

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
K1LSB

Re: How to remove the cover on 7000DLE MKII black version?

Postby K1LSB » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:45 pm

Thank you, Rob.

Mark

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”