ANAN-100 Open-Collector problem

KW7F

ANAN-100 Open-Collector problem

Postby KW7F » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 pm

I am having trouble getting the open-collector interface to work. Hopefully, just a setup problem. I have configured ANAN Ctrl for 160M - 6 M. I never see any voltage on any OC pin relative to OC reference. When I check the band data from my Yaesu FT-990 I see 5V on the corresponding band data pin, e.g., 20M is coded as 0101 (DCBA). 0 volts where 0 is and 5 volts for the 1s. I expected the same on the ANAN-100 but no joy.

My ANAN-100 is a recent build with the V24 amp board. I usually run with protocol 2 firmware so that I can us SDR-Console. I have the tried to configure open-collector with Thetis and OpenHPSDR (protocol 1) without success.

Thanks for any help.

Steve, KW7F
w-u-2-o

Re: ANAN-100 Open-Collector problem

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 am

The open collector outputs are configured so that they are all transistor switches to ground. Asserting an output grounds that output. So what you need to do is set things up so that all outputs are pulled up via an appropriate pull-up resistor to whatever voltage you need them pulled up to. That way when an output is not asserted it will be at the pull-up voltage and when asserted will be at ground. Also connect the OCREF pin to that same pull up voltage.

The IC that is used to implement this interface is: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/uln2003a.pdf

Note that when you go to into setup to configure these outputs the logic is essentially reversed because of the way this works.
KW7F

Re: ANAN-100 Open-Collector problem

Postby KW7F » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 pm

Thank you for the explanation of how this works. :D

Steve, KW7F

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”