"Sticking" Relay on ADC 1 and 2 Receive

w-u-2-o

Re: "Sticking" Relay on ADC 1 and 2 Receive

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:10 pm

I know you are probably not going to do this, but it would be so very useful to know if the problem is because the relay driver register did not get written correctly or if the problem is really a balky relay. My guess is the former, since the new firmware substantially improved the problem.
Conrad_PA5Y

Re: "Sticking" Relay on ADC 1 and 2 Receive

Postby Conrad_PA5Y » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello Scott. It must be a register or timing problem as a ten fold reduction in the frequency of the events cannot be anything else. The relay did not suddenly become 10 times better.

Anyway tonight I did a pure signal mod pretty much exactly as you did and something dawned on me after doing so. The ADC input that bypasses the HPF board does not suffer from this problem at all. As I use an external LNA and very high quality band pass filter on 6m there is absolutely no reason why I should not use this direct connection on RX for 6m and for PS on TX. I have a -50dB Xtronic coupler and it works superbly for PS now.

I am also going to use this self same input for transverters, use the PTT for PS on 6m and a 4-way sma switch to switch the RX path between 6m and the various transverters. This makes me totally immune to the problem.

So this is what I will do.

Regards

Conrad

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”