SIX METER OUTPUT ANAN 100D

mark1161

SIX METER OUTPUT ANAN 100D

Postby mark1161 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:05 am

Good Evening,

All of the bands on my ANAN 100d are fine with the default PA settings in terms of getting 100 watts output except for 6 meters. The default PA setting (43.0) is only transmitting about 20 watts. When I lower the gain to 38.8 db, I am still only getting 66 watts. I must be missing something here. Any ideas?

Mark
WA2DIY
VK1MT

Re: SIX METER OUTPUT ANAN 100D

Postby VK1MT » Fri May 26, 2017 8:24 am

Mark,

I had an issue that sounded like yours......
All bands would output what they should ie 100w with the exception of 6m.

I wound it up in the settings and still couldnt reach 100w for 6m

I later heard a bang then some smoke mid way through a contact on 6m - thought the worst. Pulled the 100D apart and I couldn't find anything wrong.
After alot of head scratching, I found the automotive fuse melted in the holder with at nice hole in it.
What I found was the fuse/fuse holder was faulty (as others have found out). I have found that the 100D draws ALOT of current to put out 100W on 6 meters compared to the other bands.

I just check it again, roughly 27 Amps on 6m for 100w carrier. Compared to 13 Amps on 10m for 100w carrier.

Hope this helps. Could be something completely different for you....

Cheers

Matt
VK1MT

fuse.jpg
fuse.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 4303 times
w-u-2-o

Re: SIX METER OUTPUT ANAN 100D

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri May 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Good catch, Matt! This is a photo of my original fuse before I replaced it and the low quality original fuseholder with something better:

The low quality fuse holders cause make a bad connection to the fuse and cause resistive heating at that connection, thereby damaging the fuse and causing major voltage drops. In my case it was causing funky PureSignal operation. Low voltage at your power connector at the back of the radio will cause all kinds of strange problems. Check your fuse and fuseholder and replace both if necessary. Check your power supply, and check your voltage with a voltmeter right at the connector on the radio (you can fit the probes into the backshell pretty easily.

73!

Scott

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”